"Recover if Missed by" Question

Hello and welcome to the Malwarebytes support forum. Thank you for choosing Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware as your malware security solution, my name is Oscar Rubio and I'll be assisting you today.

The "Recover if missed by" option will perform your scheduled scan, within the time specified, if it is unable to execute the scan at the scheduled time. For example if you scheduled a scan at noon, and your recovery is set to 6 hrs, Malwarebytes will execute the scan within the 6 hour time limit as soon as it is able.

Let me know if you have any further questions

Before contacting the Forum, I emailed Malwarebytes and discussed the Recovery. I was not sure how to interpret their response, so I tried the Forum to see if they would give me a clearer answer. One of their responses was on hourly updates. They said, “Generally, the recover time should be one hour less than the scheduled frequency time. If an update were scheduled for every 3 hours (which is ideal,) then the recommended recovery time would be 2 hours.”

Do you agree with their answer?

Thanks,

Jerry

2/1/12