MBAM Pro freezes with MSE and Avast

Several weeks ago my computer with the Windows 7 Professional operating system began to freeze regularly. I had Malwarebytes Antimalware (PRO) and Microsoft Security Essentials installed with the MBAM Pro real time scanning enabled. While attempting to resolve the freezing issue, I uninstalled MSE and installed Avast!. My computer continued to freeze regularly. With both MSE and Avast, I followed the MBAM forum instructions to ignore the respecitive softwares but that didn't stop the freezing.

After many frustrating weeks I turned off the MBAM Pro real time protection module. That was about two weeks ago. Since then, I haven't had a single issue with my computer freezing up. I'm happy my computer is no longer freezing up, but I'm not happy that I can't take advantage of the protection module with MBAM Pro.

Are there additional exclusions that I need to set for MBAM Pro that the non-Pro version doesn't require? Do you have any other suggestions on making my MBAM Pro real time protection work successfully with Avast?

Thanks.

Hello chapstick,

First, be sure that your Avast has all the current product updates. Do a new Update run.

Next, do similarly with MBAM.

Next, please proceed through the steps in Section K of our FAQ to see if it is helpful.

If that does not resolve the problem, then please contact Malwarebytes Support and they will assist you directly with troubleshooting the problem and hopefully finding a solution.