How to shut off automatic scanning in free version?

I'm using the free version and MWB scans appx 5:30AM. Seems to do this every morning. How do I stop it other than go into taskmanager and stop the process or write a .bat file to run at around the same time to make it quit? The "scheduler" in the free version is locked. I'm a night person and it scans right when I'm trying to game and lags my game out really bad. Any help appreciated.

Hello and :welcome:

There is no automatic scanning in the free version.... That being said, you can try the instructions below.... (also are you using the Trial in the free version?

Please do the following:

• Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • After the computer restarts, temporarily disable your Anti-Virus and install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

• Note: You will need to reactivate the program using the license you were sent via email if using the Pro version
    • Launch the program and set the Protection and Registration. Then go to the UPDATE tab if not done during installation and check for updates.
      Restart the computer again and verify that MBAM is in the task tray if using the Pro version. Now setup any file exclusions as may be required in your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security/Firewall applications and restart your Anti-Virus/Internet-Security applications. You may use the guides posted in the FAQ's here or ask and we'll explain how to do it.

I don't believe I am using the trial in the free version, but anything is possible. A few minutes ago, suddenly my PC was acting slow and I could hear it working on something. Checked Task Manager and sure enough malwarebytes was in the list (appx 4 AM). As soon as I kill it, everything gets better. I will try your instructions. If you don't hear from me again, you know it worked. Thanks in advance.

Ugh. During the run of the first program, an error popped up saying it could not be completed because mbam.dll (something like that) could not be found and that reinstalling will fix that. Then the Malwarebytes logo came up and I got the "program quit working" error. That disappeared and then it asked me to restart. I tried to run the second program (reinstall of Malwarebytes) and now I get a Run-time error '0'

If it can be broken, it will be me that it happens to. :huh:

I'm searching the 'net and these forums for a solution. I tried a few, so far no luck. The mbam-fix.bat works except for one thing:

The module "C\:Program Files\Malwwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ssubtmr6.dll" was loaded but the call to DLLRegister failed with error code 0x80004005.

I will do more searching unless someone already knows what I need to do...

Thank you so much for helping but, in my post above yours, maybe I should have referenced the post, that the .bat file worked except for that one thing... :S I tried running it as admin and I also logged in as admin. No joy. :S I found a thread that has .dll files in it. I'm in the process of trying to figure out where they're supposed to go.

Sorry, we just lost power for the past 2 hours which is why I have not responded sooner. I've had a problem installing Malwarebytes once before and for the life of me can not remember how I fixed it...

No, I have no signs of any kind of infection. I do regular scans and keep my virus scanner on, etc. My "hijackthis" is really clean as far as I can tell. I'm about to head to bed so I'm going to let this thing run a deep virus scan while I snooze and see if I get anything funny in the results. I'll post again after all that's done. Thanks so much.

No infections found, hijackthis log doesn't show anything "funny", superantispyware showed some tracking cookies which I got rid of, but so far, that's it. I'd like to keep my system tight by doing Malwarebytes scans...still can't run it due to issue #15 even after following all instructions. I'm going to roll back to a restore point and try again.

Decided to give it another try. Booted in Safe Mode. Tried everything again and still no joy. Searched deeper about the errors I have been getting. Ran code from command prompt that found and fixed a corrupt file in the System Restore. Checkdisk said everything was OK. Still can't run MWB. It must be that I'm infected. I can't think what else it could be. Uninstalled my AV and am trying a different one (Avira), just in case I'm infected with something that my original AV didn't catch, which is always possible. MY PC has been running fine until the last Windows Update which messed with my sound and I had to update drivers. Discovered the thing running at 4AM was Windows Defender. I re-scheduled that to run during non-gaming times. Still don't know why MalwareBytes was running which was what my original question was about and started all this. We'll see what Avira has to say.

Avira said I had 3 infected files, low threat...tried to surf net for them but couldn't find anything, might have been false-positive but I quarantined them anyway. Was able to do System Restore without error but nothing changed, really, but at least the error is gone. Tried uninstall and re-install of MWB but still no joy. Keep having issue #15 inspite of doing what is instructed for that, updated Visual Basic again & still can't get that ssubtmr6.dll to register. I'm at a loss as to what else to do.