Is nowhere safe ?

BornSlippy

Received this as a PM in my Virus Total account. Whadya think.....worth a punt?

Hello Dear,

Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you, I am Naomi Davis, I wish to request for your urgent assistance in my investment plans in your base, I wish to invest in manufacturing and real estate management in your base, this is because Inherited an important sum from my late father who was poisoned to death recently. I know this mail may come to you as a surprise, since we have not known or written before.

My father was a gold and cocoa merchant based in Accra, Ghana and Abidjan (Ivory Coast), he was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their business trips recently.

Before his death, He called me on his bedside and told me that he has a sum of $7.5 Million USD deposited in one of the prime bank here in Abidjan Ivory Coast, that he used my name for the next of kin in depositing of the fund.

Please I want to invest this money in a very good business area over there in your country, this money was been deposited for my social security and for fruitful international investment. That is why I need you to help me provide a good bank account where the bank that is holding this money will transfer it for an investment over there in your country .Please get back to me in my email so that I can tell you more of me , if you indicate your self to help me. After you receive this mail kindly contact me ( naomi_davis50@yahoo.fr )

Awaiting your urgent reply

Regards

Naomi Davis

• 4 weeks later...

Do people actually fool themselves with this kind of stuff?

Unfortyunately, yes. If the Nigerian scam is spammed to a thousand users, they make hook one person and that hook could be worth thousands of Dollars.

Education is the best weapon.

OK, how do you want me to send it to you? I can save the messages as text files and send them to you via PM's.

I think I am getting lucky these days. My average Spam box on Yahoo only gets about 10 these days instead of the average 20 or more a year ago.

If you want more, just answer one or 2 of the Spams reply to sender with no content but don't open them, then they know you are active and your Spam box will grow every day.

Then you just get sick of them .... ... .... :angry:

If you want more, just answer one or 2 of the Spams reply to sender with no content but don't open them, then they know you are active and your Spam box will grow every day.

Another way is to open a spam e-mail that has an embeded image in it. They know how to use that to tell if there is a live person reading their spam.

OK, how do you want me to send it to you? I can save the messages as text files and send them to you via PM's.

yea, that will work if its OK with mbam's staff.

I think I am getting lucky these days. My average Spam box on Yahoo only gets about 10 these days instead of the average 20 or more a year ago.

Then you just get sick of them .... ... .... :angry:

I'm sick of spammers too, so I thought I'd attempt to do something about it.