PC monitor help needed

ajp

This is a good monitor with excellent contrast, viewing angle, .27 mm pixel pitch, 4 port USB 2.0 hub and VGA/DVI interfaces.

What is your target price ?

One of the problem with notebooks and some monitors is that they have a glass face. They act like a mirror. Thus you can comb your hair to them. The problem is the mind sees two images. The conscious sees the display. The subconscious sees the reflection. This causes fatigue. Thus you want a display that diffuses the reflection and reduces fatigue. The Dell Latitude notebook I am writing this reply with has such a display.

The lower the pixel pitch, the greater the sharpness.

CONNECTIVITY

1 Digital Visual Interface connectors (DVI-D) with HDCP

1 DisplayPort(DP)

1 Video Graphics Array (VGA)

1 USB 2.0 upstream port

4 USB 2.0 downstream ports

DC power connector for Dell Soundbar

Just think of the monitor as having a powered USB v2.0 4-port hub built-in.

But HDMI cable can connect through DP? The difference between HMDI and DVI is that the first has sound and image, and the second only image.

Ok, but what does the USB 2.0 upstream port does? To connect a hub there? I can't really connect like a pen there right?

Ok, thanks Alex.

One thing, I've been reading some reviews and there are some people that are complaining about the anti glare coat, what do you think of it?

They say it gives the monitor a "dusty" look, and that could be tiring for the eyes.

I think you need to do your homework.

Go to your local shops that sell monitors. Browse. Ask questions. Make is "seem" like you are going to buy but are researching what to buy. Have a look at moitors with and without an anti glare coat. Then form your own opinion.

You don't get the point of the personal research if you think that it is limited to a Dell screen. Let your senses be the judge, not another person's.

I also think you should get the less expensive AMD processor. How much more gain do you REALLY think you'll get for the extra Euros ?

Save the money and put it in some periphery or software where you will get more bang for your Euro.

yessir ... when it comes to personal opinions about any piece of equipment sometimes you will find two people that have the exact same item ;

one person will swear at it while the other person swears by it .

there are cases where the equipment is total crapola and there will be a general consensus to stay away from it .

sadly , one cannot always go by those "review sites" or even a salesperson's "findings" as money can be an influencing factor . ;)

one place to get joe-customer reviews is at newegg .

there are some cautions about this as well , but at least the findings are not money biased !

anti-reflective coatings :

these types of coatings have been used for many years on all sorts of optical equipment .

and there is a difference in the quality between those coatings ... it all depends on how much the final product will sell for .

obviously , if you want to sell a certain "quality" of monitor at a given price , some things have to give way .

if you want to make a monitor that sells for (say) $200 , you can't afford to put $100 in the anti-reflective coating .

do some research , ask more questions (that's why you are here in the first place) and post some links .

You don't get the point of the personal research if you think that it is limited to a Dell screen. Let your senses be the judge, not another person's.

I also think you should get the less expensive AMD processor. How much more gain do you REALLY think you'll get for the extra Euros ?

Save the money and put it in some periphery or software where you will get more bang for your Euro.

Ok, I understand it David, and I've seen some monitors on the local store, but most of them were asus, samsung and lg, and none of them was IPS, there aren't many monitors turned on on the stores here in Portugal.

But I understand your point, it needs to be me to make the choice and see the pros and cons, so that then I'm able to make the best choice.

About, I think I'll buy the older, not that much differences in this new generation that is worth 50€ more.

yessir ... when it comes to personal opinions about any piece of equipment sometimes you will find two people that have the exact same item ;

one person will swear at it while the other person swears by it .

there are cases where the equipment is total crapola and there will be a general consensus to stay away from it .

sadly , one cannot always go by those "review sites" or even a salesperson's "findings" as money can be an influencing factor . ;)

one place to get joe-customer reviews is at newegg .

there are some cautions about this as well , but at least the findings are not money biased !

anti-reflective coatings :

these types of coatings have been used for many years on all sorts of optical equipment .

and there is a difference in the quality between those coatings ... it all depends on how much the final product will sell for .

obviously , if you want to sell a certain "quality" of monitor at a given price , some things have to give way .

if you want to make a monitor that sells for (say) $200 , you can't afford to put $100 in the anti-reflective coating .

do some research , ask more questions (that's why you are here in the first place) and post some links .

Yep, I've seen the site you mentioned, and I think I'm going to buy this monitor, only few complain about this anti glare thing, and I also have seen some reviews on youtube, and I liked it.

Thanks

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824260047

"One thing to note is that since this is LED, it will not render as wide a color gamut as the Dell U2410 but at this price point it is more than adequate for casual users. Those who need this for work on graphics and such may want to shell out a couple more for the U2410 model."

there is something to think about ... if you are not doing tight graphics work then you could get by with the U2412M .

what i do is take the 5 and 4 egg ratings and add them together (heavy on the 5's thank you very much) .

i also read through several reports , weeding out the twits ...

the ones that rate themselves as being highly technical but in reading what and how they write i would be hard pressed to let them change cells in my flashlight .

i can't remember if you had asus stuff available ?

i am happy with my VH242H

asus does make some good stuff .