Recommended method of scanning

I am an IT technician and we have been facing viruses almost daily over the last 2 months. I have recommended Malwarebytes to all my fellow co-workers because I use it at home as well. Some articles I read suggest scanning for viruses/malware/spyware in safe mode while I was reading a post on this forum today suggesting to run MBAM in normal mode, not safe mode. Are there different rules for different scanners? What is the recommended procedure for scanning with MBAM? Thanks all

Keith

In answer to your question, here is a quote from MalwareBytes Lead Researcher:

"MBAM is not antivirus software and as such does not use the same techniques as antivirus software . Some of our best heuristics take into account multiple factors including registry reads .

If you do some research around the Hijackthis help forums you will see MBAM used frequently . This is because the way we look for and remove malware is so different from antivirus software

that we have a high success rate where antivirus software fails . MBAM is also one of only a few tools that actually works better from regular mode than from safemode for many of the same

reasons that make it so different than antivirus software . All of this is intentional for the main purpose of helping the average Joe/Jane user , not for experts that build boot disks ."

Here is the thread it was taken from:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...=5502&st=20

In answer to your question, here is a quote from MalwareBytes Lead Researcher:

"MBAM is not antivirus software and as such does not use the same techniques as antivirus software . Some of our best heuristics take into account multiple factors including registry reads .

If you do some research around the Hijackthis help forums you will see MBAM used frequently . This is because the way we look for and remove malware is so different from antivirus software

that we have a high success rate where antivirus software fails . MBAM is also one of only a few tools that actually works better from regular mode than from safemode for many of the same

reasons that make it so different than antivirus software . All of this is intentional for the main purpose of helping the average Joe/Jane user , not for experts that build boot disks ."

Here is the thread it was taken from:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...=5502&st=20

Thank you for the information Ixel. I do appreciate it :)