Difference between Quick Scan and Full Scan

Yes indeed..... I just take care what is removed and deleted. You can tell most times which files are obvious that need to be removed. Other files that I have questions on, I rename first.

I am sure there are hundreds of ways to fix these problems, I am just happy learn from here for new ways.

When running either a Quick Scan or Full Scan, does it make any difference whether a Windows PC is running in Regular Mode or Safe Mode?

Yes, it does.

Someone had informed me I should always run my scans in Safe Mode. Is this true? If so, then can you explain why?

Back in the olden days, long before Malwarebytes, this was true. It's still true with certain applications. With our software, however, this will cripple the detection of rootkits, and certain other nasty things. Our DDA (Direct Disk Access) driver does not work in Safe Mode, and most rootkits these days do work in Safe Mode, so running the scan in Safe Mode makes MBAM useless.

• 2 weeks later...

Can this thread be made a sticky and pinned to the top of the forum?

It is very informative and helps when I link others here saying: "Run Malwarebytes Quick Scan in Normal Mode"

And they say they have already run a full scan in Safe Mode :/

Its difficult to find it now though, as it continually moves down the list of topics

Hmm. I do realize you already have a lot of pinned topics.

If it helps others here's the direct link to this present topic: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10405