Infection issues

Alright first of all, I am not very computer savvy. My problem is as follows, last night I downloaded a music file off a site I've been downloading from for a long time with no problems. Shortly after completion of the download, my avast popped up saying my pc was infected, followed by the virus popping up and shutting down IE. it was one of those fake anti-virus ones which I've come across before and was able to get rid of no problem. I ran malwarebytes ad normal and restarted my computer when it finished. After restart, all of my programs start with an 'Open With' prompt with suggested programs below. I've never seen this before and am looking for help to fix it.

I should also mention that when I clicked on IE and the the open with came up, I clicked on the "suggested" IE icon it showed below and my IE went from an Internet web page to a 'do you want to run or save this file?' with a 'file downloaded' window behind it. I'm sure this is not what I should be seeing. Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Please advise if you have resolved your issues. If not, and you need guided help, we must have some logs, or at barebones minimum to know your version of Windows and what anti-virus program you have, and if you are able to run MBAM.

Download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random from here and save it to your desktop.

• Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT.
  • Click Continue at the disclaimer screen.
  • Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt (<<will be maximized) and info.txt (<<will be minimized)

Copy and Paste the reports. Do NOT use the attach option.

IF we do not hear from you in 3 days, this thread will be closed.

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!