(KB2656353) windows update problem

Guest BlairWitch

Guest BlairWitch

Hello. I have this problem with the microsoft update (KB2656353) Which is a patch to the microsoft framework. The autoupdate cant install that patch. I also tried to disable all security software and manually installing the update but it did not work. Does anyone know how to solve this problem. I have tried to search the answer from google but without any good result...

Guest BlairWitch

Seems that a lot of people are having this problem.

Try installing or reinstalling Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=33

Reboot then try installing the KB2656353 update again.

If that fails, you'll have to uninstall the .NET Framework 1.1 and

reinstall it again.

Thanks. I installed the service pack then rebooted and then ran the windows update and now it's working.

• 1 month later...

Im having the same issue,

Friend has an XP laptop (SP3) sent me this message:

"this update has been on my computer every day and when I try to download it this is the message I get: Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 on Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008 x86"

Using Teamviewer i logged in to her system and reset windows update components using the MS fixit tool, and then downloaded the update and tried to install it manually, with that i get this:

(KB2656353) unable to be installed the feature you are trying to use is on network resource that is unavailable...

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\IXP000.TMP\

if i cancel i get a popup that says:

Error 1706 No valid source could be found for product Microsoft .NET framework 1.1. The windows installer cannot continue.

I uninstalled .NET 1.1 and tried to install it from a download and directly from MS( run, not save) and got a similar error indicating a resource wasn't available it was looking for a FP7tmp.tmp file ( or something like that)

Did a system restore back to a couple days, so back at square "1" so to speak.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

but reinstalling the service pack doesnt work, i get the following whe i try to "run":

gayle.png

this so reminds me ot the ,net framework horros i think a lot of pps faced somewhere back arout 2007.

think the last resort at that time was araron stebner's .net framework cleanup tool.

glad you all seem to have got a fix as the .net framework can be a real pita at times when updates fail.