"Open With" Problem after Running MalwareBytes

Hi guys, I recently deleted some viruses using malwarebytes. I can open pdfs word files but for any application that requires internet usage it asks me open with and it shows internet explorer as one of the choices. it doesnt work however. I'm accessing the internet by running as administrator. what do i need to do to solve this problem?

Hello and welcome, azndarkvader:

Sounds as if the infection has left some lingering issues behind.

I would suggest having one of the malware experts take a look at your system and assist with the issues that may remain after the cleanup.

We cannot work on malware detection/removal in this part of the General MBAM forum.

So, please read the following to get started on the cleaning process.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please do NOT use any temporary file cleaners unless requested - this can cause data loss and make recovery difficult!

FOR EXPERT ASSISTANCE with cleaning your system, please choose one of the 3 support options:

• Option 1 -- Free, Expert advice in the Malware Removal Forum
  • Option 2 -- Free support for paying customers using MBAM PRO -- Contact MBAM Support via email
  • Option 3 -- Premium, Fee-Based Support

OPTION 1

As we don't deal with malware removal in this area of the forums, you'll need to start a topic in the Malware Removal forum so that a qualified helper can help you fix any malware-related problems/infections.

• First, please print out, read and CAREFULLY FOLLOW the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete.
  • If the infection has so crippled the computer that you cannot follow most/all of the requested steps, then please just proceed as advised below:
  • Then please post a NEW topic in the Malware Removal forum.
  • Please do NOT post in an open topic started by another member in the malware removal forum, even if the problem appears to be similar to yours.
  • When posting your new thread, under "options", make sure to select Track this topic and choose Immediate Email Notification, so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.
  • One of the expert helpers there will give you free, one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please do NOT make any further changes to your computer such as (Install/Uninstall programs; use special fix tools; delete files; edit the registry; OR use temp file cleaners, etc...) unless advised by a malware removal helper. Doing so can result in system changes which may hinder the attempts by a helper to clean your machine.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please DO NOT post back to your topic or "bump" it within the first 48 hours.

Replying to your own posts changes the post count from zero. Helpers are looking for topics with zero replies. If you reply to your own post, helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus may overlook your post. This will only delay your obtaining assistance.

• o If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you may reply to the topic, asking for help again.
    Or
    o You may send a Private Message to a Moderator, asking for assistance.

OPTION 2

Alternatively, as a paying customer using MBAM PRO, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or here.

OPTION 3

If you would like to use the Malwarebytes Premium Services (Comprehensive solutions to all your computer support needs -- from installation and set-up to troubleshooting and tune-ups), please go to the Malwarebytes Premium Services support site.

Please be patient -- someone will assist you as soon as it is possible.

Thanks very much!

daledoc1

PS: Please use the zMn2t.jpg button instead of other ones when you reply here and at the other forums, so that it will be easier to read. :)