virus says I have 0 disk space

I have picked up something that is either creating files and eating up all of my hard drive disk space or is somehow tricking my system to think it has no space.

I went to bed the other evening and had approx 20GB of free space - when I got on the next morning, I had 0. I then moved about 5-6 GB of stuff to an external drive and a little while later I checked and that space also disappeared.

I ran MBAM (and superantispyware) and nothing was found.

Since I don't have any disk space, I can't even download the dds.scr file. I tried deleting something to create enough room for dds, but once a file is deleted, that empty space is immediately eaten and I go back to 0 space available. I tried to save it to my external HDD and run it from there, but I couldn't the file to save there either.

I don't even know where to start with this.

Thanks for your help.

JF

Greetings and Welcome to Malwarebyte

Yes, this sounds like your computer is already infected -

Complete any steps that you can and follow these dorections -

We don't work on malware removal in this part of the forums.

Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then create a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one on one assistance when one becomes available.

Please note that it may take 48 hours or more for you to receive a response in the malware removal forum, as it is often busy at times. Please do not reply to your own post asking for help unless its been more than 48 hours since you originally posted, as this can make it appear as though you are being helped and take longer for you to get help.

If you are unable to do all or any of the steps in the link to the directions above, just post your problem into the forum I gave you a link to anyway and someone will be able to assist you.