MBAM crashes on start up

Since I use MBAM as a stand-alone app and not as an active scanner, I tried a re-install. I did a clean install (uninstalling previous version thru windows add/remove programs then running MBAM_clean), then reinstalled the latest version of MBAM. All is well! I DID turn off my AV (Avast) during the install as this is recommended. I've never had to do this with any other software installation, but since it was recommended, I did so. All is fine again... thank you to MBAM support forum!

I ran a quick scan, came up clean, re-enabled avast, ran another MBAM scan and all is fine.

Thanks to the forum support. I appreciate it.

Running XP SP3, have the same crash and burn "encountered a problem..." other XP users report when attempting to run new version 1.60.0.1800. Interestingly, using /update parameter performs database update normally. Running AVG Free 2011, Winpatrol 2011, Spybot SD V1.5.2, but there is no obvious indication other security software is clashing with MBAM, and disabling during install didn't seem to help.

Do you have a 3rd party firewall? if so, which ?

Do you have live monitoring on in Spybot SD?

If you do not have a PRO license, as a temporary measure only, go to Protection tab, and deselect Trial. You will still be able to Update and to do on-demand scans.

Excellent, thanks :)

After looking at the crash dump, one of our developers has also asked for the file ignore.dat and exclusions.dat, both of which should be located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Just zip them up and attach them to your next reply please.

Once that is done, delete those 2 files and try opening MBAM and let me know if it still crashes or not.

Sorry Exile, I read the post above before this one, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware does not contain the ignore or exclusion files, I'm assuming I've wiped them and so anyway......I cleaned out the old version using the cleaner you linked, have reinstalled the new version from the link you attached and it's all running perfectly, followed all your instructions re disable Eset. Something caused a glitch in the matrix but you seem to have resolved it. I don't know if you have a cheap-ass version of Malwarebytes or a donation box, I have about 5 bucks in my paypal account. Otherwise thank you very much for your skills, help and uber fast response times.

ken icyKqvUSvDzLe.gif

Sorry Exile, I read the post above before this one, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware does not contain the ignore or exclusion files, I'm assuming I've wiped them and so anyway......I cleaned out the old version using the cleaner you linked, have reinstalled the new version from the link you attached and it's all running perfectly, followed all your instructions re disable Eset. Something caused a glitch in the matrix but you seem to have resolved it. I don't know if you have a cheap-ass version of Malwarebytes or a donation box, I have about 5 bucks in my paypal account. Otherwise thank you very much for your skills, help and uber fast response times.

ken icyKqvUSvDzLe.gif

No problem, and no payment necessary :). I'm just glad it's working properly again, but if this issue does return, please do get me those files. I do hope that the problem does not return though.

Do you have a 3rd party firewall? if so, which ?

Do you have live monitoring on in Spybot SD?

If you do not have a PRO license, as a temporary measure only, go to Protection tab, and deselect Trial. You will still be able to Update and to do on-demand scans.

Thanks for the really fast holiday response!

No 3rd party Firewall.

Spybot live monitoring is normally on, but was disabled for multiple V1.60.0.1800 install attempts.

Am currently running non-PRO MBAM V1.51.2.1300 with updating turned off, and just waiting for an all clear update from you guys.

No 3rd party Firewall.

Spybot live monitoring is normally on, but was disabled for multiple V1.60.0.1800 install attempts.

Am currently running non-PRO MBAM V1.51.2.1300 with updating turned off, and just waiting for an all clear update from you guys.

Howdy,

Make sure you have set AVG2011 anti-virus to exclude MBAM from it's monitoring.

Do read, digest, and apply steps outline in the MBAM FAQ

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?act=findpost&pid=167851

HTH