Why did you discontinue this great software?

NYRownsNYI

• Root Admin

We discontinued it because rogue products were becoming more aggressive and the product just did not have a strong framework behind it. The product will always exist on the Internet and you can always grab a copy to keep for yourself. However, we will only be updating Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from now on, which we built to handle even the toughest and wimpiest rogue applications.

Hope that clears it up!

We discontinued it because rogue products were becoming more aggressive and the product just did not have a strong framework behind it. The product will always exist on the Internet and you can always grab a copy to keep for yourself. However, we will only be updating Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from now on, which we built to handle even the toughest and wimpiest rogue applications.

Hope that clears it up!

I recently purchased this (within the past couple of weeks) but since it's not being supported anymore, is there any credit being offered to the purchase of Malwarebytes? I could understand if I used it for several months but had I known it was ending, I would have bought the other product.

Sure, we can offer a free license key for Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware or a complete refund, customer choice. Please contact support and we will take care of it.

I'd been wondering for a while now how you handled these situations (never asked cuz I don't have RR Pro). I would've guessed you'd be accommodating, and that's what I figured (or at least hoped) that's what the options would be. Just another example of a company that puts users first. Bravo.

I'd been wondering for a while now how you handled these situations (never asked cuz I don't have RR Pro). I would've guessed you'd be accommodating, and that's what I figured (or at least hoped) that's what the options would be. Just another example of a company that puts users first. Bravo.

I agree - it's great to experience this quality service. Excellent product and I recommend it to the users I help at work.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

So since reading post #2 Rubber DuckY mentioning that RougueRemover has bacically become obseolute then Malwarebytes will handle anything that it could and more then , I am happy with malwarebytes having purchashed it , just to support it since I liked it so much ,and assume ther really is no use to use the other program if running malwarebytes , nothing is going with my computer performancewise thats weird ... just wanting to get my facts straight from the ones who know . Thanks :D

Yes, if you're running MBAM you don't need RogueRemover. The only use I could see for RR now would be if you had a PC with an extremely old rogue infection that is no longer in circulation (meaning you can't get infected by it any more on the internet) and you wanted to clean it off, which the free version of RR would do. MBAM covers current threats and RR would only be able to detect/remove extremely old ones that aren't even around anymore. The pro version of RR would serve really no purpose as it would be protecting you from infections that no longer exist in the wild.