Malwarebytes keep scanning the same folders and files...

Hello Rainbow1112.

It's possible that you have data corruption causing the issue. Have you tried running chkdsk on your C: drive yet?

If not, then go to Start and click on Run and copy the following text into the run box:

cmd /c echo y|chkdsk %systemdrive% /f

then save anything you're working on and reboot your computer. When the PC reboots it will run a disk check to see if there's corruption and attempt to repair it, it takes a bit so just let it run.

Strange. You could try defragging the hard drive, but if the disk check didn't help, that probably won't either. Have you navigated to that folder to look at it and see if it opens ok with explorer? After that, if all seems well with it I would try a right click "Scan with Malwarebytes'" to scan that folder alone and see if it still freezes.

Strange. You could try defragging the hard drive, but if the disk check didn't help, that probably won't either. Have you navigated to that folder to look at it and see if it opens ok with explorer? After that, if all seems well with it I would try a right click "Scan with Malwarebytes'" to scan that folder alone and see if it still freezes.

Opening the file with explorer have no problem but right clicking it and scanning with malwarebytes. Malwarebytes keep scanning the same file again and again just like in the full scan so the folders is having problem or Malwarebytes bug?

Just read the freezing issue thread and saw the admin reply that we should use v1.32 to for debug view but where can i find the link to download v1.32?

I thought he had fixed that...

I guess I'll have to find a download of it for you. Marcin's not in right now, so I'll get it as soon as I can.

Hi GT500

I guess on reflection it may not really be a case of "freezing" ... although all the outward signs are that this is what is happening ... it's more a case that the scans take a LOT longer.

I have today submitted recent scan logs (MBAM staff please see Request #2575) and you will note how Quick scan time increases from ~3 minutes to ~20 minutes going from 1.31 to 1.33 for my ~190GB of data & programs. The "slow down" is still occuring in the C:\windows\installer directory ... I have now checked all boxes under Settings (except "Terminate IE during removal").

Looking back over all my logs it seems to me that the "problem" arose not so much with 1.33 but the database updates from 1698 onwards ... i.e. my system slowed at 1701 ... I like others (http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=10404) seem to recall an update from "1701 to 1701" (or similar ... I'm not sure but it was an update to an update from "16xx to 16xx" or "17xx to 17xx", I cannot precisely recall) about the time the problem began ... I din't think much about it at the time thinking it was a "hiccup" to do with the update to 1.33.

I have a question: is there some risk that your product (updates) may have been compromised by the recent move to have ~1000 servers providing access to updates ... I was happy getting my updates from Security Wonks (who I also use for Spybot) now I don't know where the updates are coming from ... and I guess links can be hijacked?

I just suggest because I was once caught out by a hijacked update to Flashget, a download manager I had used without problems for many years, which caused a few problems requiring a costly wipe and reinstall of my system.

I am in Perth, Western Australia ... are other reporting the "freezing" problem also in my geographic area? How widespread is the freezing problem? Perhaps our local MBAM server is/was compromised? Again just a thought from a non-IT person.

A ~20 minute "quick" scan is not ideal! Is the MBAM team closer to a solution?

Perhaps a "pop up" question to come with your next update to ask users to respond if they have noticed the "freezing" or slowing down issue may assist in working out whether it is related to a corrupted/hijacked update server ... not everyone bothers to use user forums!