Conflict with avast IS PLEASE HELP

I installed Malwarebytes Pro yesterday and set up the exclusions for my avast IS according to this link "http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138". today i visited a site "zumes.com" and i see a pop up above my task manager that indicates that malwarebytes has blocked a service by avast srvc. I asume my avast was trying to inform me that something suspicious was wrong with this site and now that malwarebytes blocked that attempt, i feel unprotected.

This is not suppose to happen and is exactly what i did not want to occur after installing malwarebytes. Can someone please tell me how i can stop conflicts between my antivirus and malwarebytes? I thought i already did this but evidently i was wrong.

Hello and :welcome:

It may not be that you are still having a conflict. Have a read at the information in the FAQ located Right HERE and read the part titled Why is Malwarebytes' blocking my antivirus? That should answer your questions. I went to the website in question and I too get a pop-up from Malwarebytes but mine tells me its Internet explorer. You get it from Avast because Avast intercepts traffic from Internet explorer. It could be blocking an add from that site.

Hello and :welcome:

It may not be that you are still having a conflict. Have a read at the information in the FAQ located Right HERE and read the part titled Why is Malwarebytes' blocking my antivirus? That should answer your questions. I went to the website in question and I too get a pop-up from Malwarebytes but mine tells me its Internet explorer. You get it from Avast because Avast intercepts traffic from Internet explorer. It could be blocking an add from that site.

would you mind explaining in more detail please? No offense intended but i havent checked the link. The last time i clicked a link in a forum page, i was redirected to a website and received a infection on my system. Ever since then, ill never do it again. Sounds a little paranoid i know but given this occurrence,i really dont feel protected. Can you tell me why malwarebytes would indicate that it is blocking my avast anti virus security without having me go through a link . please.. Thank you. And if so, can you also tell me how i could remedy that because it does not seem normal to me.... Anyone.....?

The above link is safe, it goes directly to our FAQ on this very forum, however, I've quoted the contents being referred to below for your convenience :):

• Why is Malwarebytes' blocking my antivirus?
  • It isn't, but it may appear so because of the process name shown in the pop up which belongs to your antivirus. This can happen if you use an antivirus software that intercepts all incoming and outgoing internet traffic to look for infections which makes Windows think it is your antivirus initiating the connection and thus Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware thinks the same thing. In the below example you can see that the process name is avp.exe, which belongs to Kaspersky Anti-Virus even though this block was incurred by using Internet Explorer:
    post-2103-0-45823800-1325048511.png

The actual process initiating the connection could be anything, including your internet browser (if you were to visit a webpage that is blocked or that contains content from another site that is blocked, such as an advertisement on the page). If the blocks occur frequently, then you could possibly have an infection. If you believe that may be the case, then please contact support@malwarebytes.org via email and they will assist you in cleaning your system free of charge.

If you would rather work on the issue on our forums, then please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then create a NEW topic here.

One of the expert helpers there will give you one on one assistance when one becomes available.

Please note that it may take 48 hours or more for you to receive a response in the malware removal forum, as it is often busy at times. Please do not reply to your own post asking for help unless its been more than 48 hours since you originally posted, as this can make it appear as though you are being helped and take longer for you to get help.

If you are unable to do all or any of the steps in the link to the directions above, just post your problem into the forum I gave you a link to anyway and someone will be able to assist you.

would you mind explaining in more detail please? No offense intended but i havent checked the link. The last time i clicked a link in a forum page, i was redirected to a website and received a infection on my system. Ever since then, ill never do it again. Sounds a little paranoid i know but given this occurrence,i really dont feel protected. Can you tell me why malwarebytes would indicate that it is blocking my avast anti virus security without having me go through a link . please.. Thank you. And if so, can you also tell me how i could remedy that because it does not seem normal to me.... Anyone.....?

I have Avast Internet Security and Malwarebytes Antimalware Pro and I have ALL my exlusions set for each program!!

When ever my malwarebytes BLOCKS a website/Ip it always says it blocked ( process:avastsvc.exe )

You have my word that if you click this link you will be safe as it is affiliated with malwarebytes!!!! http://iptest.malwarebytes.org/

It is my UNDERSTANDING that what you are seeing and what I am seeing is absolutely NORMAL!!

Malwarebytes_avast.jpg