High-Speed HDMI Cable anyone? Hahahahahaha..

That's insane. That better be some ***** good quality and last at least 50 years with free replacements. ;)

My son bought me a wireless ROKU™ for Christmas and I needed a spare HDMI cable to use between it and my HDTV in my "office".

Here is an ercerpt of my Amazon order which included tax and shipping for a 6 foot HDMI cable which I am now using with no noticeable loss of signal quality.. Total price = $2.96US

EXCERPT:

This shipment will be delivered by DHL Global Mail.

Carrier Tracking ID: 360134609XXXXXXX9625

You have been charged for the following items shipped today:

HDMI Cable 2M (6 Feet)

Sold by: IDIGIMART INC

Condition: new

Quantity: 1

$2.96 each

Item subtotal: $2.96

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Item Subtotal : $2.96

Shipping & Handling : $0.00

Total: $2.96

Paid by Amex: $2.96 <============================= Amazing!

Steve

My son bought me a wireless ROKU™ for Christmas and I needed a spare HDMI cable to use between it and my HDTV in my "office".

Here is an ercerpt of my Amazon order which included tax and shipping for a 6 foot HDMI cable which I am now using with no noticeable loss of signal quality.. Total price = $2.96US

EXCERPT:

Item Subtotal : $2.96

Shipping & Handling : $0.00

Total: $2.96

Paid by Amex: $2.96 <============================= Amazing!

Steve

WOW that's cheap. :D

AudioQuest - Diamond 3.3' High-Speed HDMI Cable - Dark Gray/Black

Maybe it's real diamonds. :P

WOW that's cheap. :D

Maybe it's real diamonds. :P

Whatever it consists of, it cost as much as my computer and HDTV (37") priced together..

Maybe it's made with some of the late Liz Taylor's "White Diamonds".. *laugh*

I have a $35 HDMI cable and I now have the $3 HDMI cable and I swapped them and noticed no difference whatsoever..

The only thing I'd ever spend that kind of money on is one of those old, vacuum tube-style, audio amplifiers for $20,000 if I actually had money to throw away on something. :)

Steve

Whatever it consists of, it cost as much as my computer and HDTV (37") priced together..

Maybe it's made with some of the late Liz Taylor's "White Diamonds".. *laugh*

I have a $35 HDMI cable and I now have the $3 HDMI cable and I swapped them and noticed no difference whatsoever..

The only thing I'd ever spend that kind of money on is one of those old, vacuum tube-style, audio amplifiers for $20,000 if I actually had money to throw away on something. :)

Steve

Hahah. Sounds like were in the same boat here. I would love to have $20,000 to spend on electronics. :P

• 2 weeks later...

"Sould Out online" Why would someone want to buy such a crazy expensive cable? blink.gif That cable better be able to perform some kind of miracle at that price, yikes!

It better cook, clean, and wash windows for that price.. :P

I've purchased two different HDMI cables in the last ten days for approximately $3 each; one with heavy, thick wiring and connectors and one with thinner (by half) wiring and similar connectors and I'd put both of them up against any audiophile's misguided "price matters" attitude, for sure. ;)

Heard a rumor yesterday that another CIRCUIT CITY type giant retailer may be going belly up soon.. Wonder if it's BB and they're using this type of pricing trying to dig out?? *wry grin*

Steve

post-35425-0-15205000-1326474647.gif

CNBC - PRESS RELEASES

MV_Generic_Graphic.jpg January 13, 2012

CNBC'S "BEST BUY: THE BIG BOX FIGHTS BACK" WILL PREMIERE ON JANUARY 19TH

CNBC's "Best Buy: The Big Box Fights Back" will premiere on Thursday, January 19th at 9pm ET.

The documentary will repeat that evening at 10pm/12am/1am ET.

FOR TV HIGHLIGHTS CONSIDERATION:

BEST BUY: THE BIG BOX FIGHT BACK

What happens when you conquer the mountain, only to find there’s another, higher peak? This is the story of Best Buy, the ‘last man standing’ among national electronics retailers. With nearly 1100 stores, the familiar big blue box outmaneuvered Circuit City, Comp USA, and others, only to face a new set of challengers even more daunting. Major retail discounters like Costco and Wal-Mart have chipped away at Best Buy’s bottom line, while Amazon.com and other online merchants have changed the way people shop, threatening the big box model. This CNBC original documentary takes viewers inside a company at a crossroads, fighting to stay ahead in an age when consumers armed with new comparison shopping tools and apps can sniff out the lowest prices in an instant.

CNBC’s Tyler Mathisen sits down with Best Buy CEO Brian Dunn, who says this is not the first time the company has been tested and won’t be the last. Dunn, a former Best Buy floor salesman, says what gives his chain an edge is its focus on service through its blue-shirts sales force and tech-savvy Geek Squad. The documentary takes viewers inside the sprawling Kentucky warehouse that calls itself Geek Squad City, where thousands of broken devices are repaired every day, and goes behind the scenes as store managers and employees prepare for the onslaught of Black Friday. Mathisen also travels to China, where Best Buy – after failing in some key overseas markets -- is pinning its hopes on global expansion.

Source: http://www.nbcumv.co...26466629775.xml

--END

Steve..

• Staff

http://www.popularme...s/tests/4235717

The Results

None of our editors could tell the difference. The fact is, HDMI is digital, meaning you either get the feed or you don't. High prices and gimmicks like gold-plating don't affect 1s and 0s. Our advice: Purchase your wiring online for cheap, and use the saved money to upgrade to a larger flat screen.

I buy mine from monoprice and they are great cables. I get the sleeved ones for hiding in the walls.

[...]

I buy mine from monoprice and they are great cables. I get the sleeved ones for hiding in the walls.

I agree Rich.. in fact, unless one is running an HDMI cable longer than 25 meters or so where there might be a signal "strength" loss that enough to make 0's and 1's waver on one side of the median signal fence or the other (causing distortion) one cable at $3 should do just as well as one costing $30+

Steve