Hangs at c:/windows'installer/1553b1555b.msi

Installed at scanned. Malwarebytes hangs after scanning around 18000 files at Hangs at c:/windows'installer/1553b1555b.msi. Any thoughts?

Another bit of information. Task Manager shows as Not Responding but can't End Task. You have to reboot the machine completely.

(Reposted from another forum page on the "freezing" issue ... not sure if this will help clarify or further confuse)

I have the same problem (see Helpdesk Ticket #2575) with Ver 1.33, that is the program "freezing" while scanning the c:/winows/installer *.msi files, however the suggested debugging procedure did not work for me.

I got the following message after Step 5 in the procedure:

"The database you are using is not supported by this version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Download the latest version of the program."

I then reinstalled Ver 1.33. What I have noticed, based on comments on another forum page discussing Malwarebytes freezing, is that if I uncheck "Always scan memory objects" on the Settings tab the (Quick) Scan completes albeit it takes about 20 minutes, much longer than usual.

For me the freezing issue "coincided" (more or less) with the upgrade of Ad-Aware to the Anniversary Edition and my installation of Spyware Blaster ... but it's probably just a coincidence. Perhaps there is a compatibility issue with other anti-malware/virus products?

FYI I run the following PC protection programs:

Norton 360 2.0 (the only active anti-virus product)

Malwarebytes 1.33

Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition*

Spybot S&D (I am aware of some compatibility issues between Ad-Aware and Spybot ... BTW, I do NOT use the Tea Timer feature ... after all how do I tell if a process is OK to run?)

SpywareBlaster*

CCleaner

* Marks recently installed or upgraded.

I do NOT have Zone Alarm which is cited on other forum pages as a possible cause of the problem.

System info (via dxdiag log):

Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)

BIOS: BIOS Date: 07/09/08 09:28:35 Ver: 08.00.12

Processor: Intel