This is simply an incredible piece of software!

Hi,

I do not normally rave about software, but now I want to!

I was infested with Vundu on two machines. I could not get rid of the nasty bugger! I used McAfee, Webroot Spyweeper, Avira

and others, but the thing wouldn't go away and cause me all kinds of problems like not being able to use Windows Update. I

searched on the Internet for a solution and came across someone saying that Malwarenbytes Anti-Malware would get rid of

it. I thought: "Never heard of that, but I will give it a try since everything else fail." I purchased the program and ran a scan.

It found nine infestations with Vundu! I t cleaned them out and now everything works again like it did before! Even Windows

Update works! WOW! I am so releieved!

I do of course now have Anti Malware running. The thing I wonder about is how good of a general malware protection is it? I

guess what I am asking is if I need anything in addition to Anti Malware? If so, what would be a good companion for it? I do

not want to have more running that I need, but not less either! :)

Since I am completely new to this piece of software I would like to understand how comprehensive the protects is, or if it's

designed to take care of certain types of malware, and not "traditional" viruses.

I am so impressed with Anti Malware! Off I go to purchase licenses for all our computers! WOW again! :)

I'm not expert, but from what I understand this software is mainly designed to nail what antivirus software can't catch. As such, you will still need antivirus software running. I think Malwarebytes is pretty much one of the best scanners/realtime protection out there for malware, so if you combine this with decent antivirus and a firewall you should be pretty secure.

Greetings Christian.

I'm glad the software helped you get cleaned up, and just for future reference, you didn't have to pay for the software for it to remove the infections, scanning for infections and removal of infections found are included in the free version. Of course, having the paid version will most likely save you from future headaches as it will prevent the nasties from getting into your system in the first place. I just wanted to make sure you were clear on how it worked.

Anyway, on to your question, around here we certainly recommend you keep an active anti-virus to go with Malwarebytes' just as Insomniac said. The one's I recommend are Avira (free or paid version), Avast (free or paid), Kaspersky (paid) or Eset NOD32 (paid). Most of the time Avira gets recommended above the others around here because it has a free version and has excellent detection rates for new infections. I would also recommend a good firewall, for a free one (but only if you're running Vista) would be Vista Firewall Control, and another free one would be Comodo Personal Firewall (works with XP and Vista) but if you pick Comodo, make sure not to use the Defense + component in Comodo if you've got an antivirus installed because they will conflict.

If you need any more info just let us know.

Good luck and safe surfing.

Greetings Christian.

I'm glad the software helped you get cleaned up, and just for future reference, you didn't have to pay for the software for it to remove the infections, scanning for infections and removal of infections found are included in the free version. Of course, having the paid version will most likely save you from future headaches as it will prevent the nasties from getting into your system in the first place. I just wanted to make sure you were clear on how it worked.

Anyway, on to your question, around here we certainly recommend you keep an active anti-virus to go with Malwarebytes' just as Insomniac said. The one's I recommend are Avira (free or paid version), Avast (free or paid), Kaspersky (paid) or Eset NOD32 (paid). Most of the time Avira gets recommended above the others around here because it has a free version and has excellent detection rates for new infections. I would also recommend a good firewall, for a free one (but only if you're running Vista) would be Vista Firewall Control, and another free one would be Comodo Personal Firewall (works with XP and Vista) but if you pick Comodo, make sure not to use the Defense + component in Comodo if you've got an antivirus installed because they will conflict.

If you need any more info just let us know.

Good luck and safe surfing.

Thank you for your reply. I wanted to pay since I wanted the resident shield. I do not not want to go through another infestation like the one I had. It was

horrible since it made it impossible for me to work on my laptop.

What about the free ClamWin, or even DiskSentry, would any of those be good enough?