New guy here==HI to all

randy762ak

Where do Virus and maleware come from And -Why cant they be procicuted????

Its almost like the anti -Maleware Anti virus companies actually have staff that writes virus so they can sell there wares!?????

seriously No conspericies here-- Do any of you actually know where this stuff comes from and why cant they arrest them-+Toss em in prison for a few years with bubba and then see if they want to do this some more....

Im al old duff at 60s so Forgive me For being behind the times a bit... I was hit with Fake vista 20102 on one machine [had to reload it to clean it] and XP fake anti virus on the desk machine -that cost money at the shop to have cleaned-ouch! So Im trying to get some edumacation In these computer thingies..

I tried to clean up one machine and went to safe mode and Lo and behold the Virus was there On safe mode -and My Malware Bites did not work and I could not reload another one ,,

MY question is ------Is there any way to load On a CD or DVD a copy of MWB and clean the system by running it in the DVD drive >>> Or isolating it someplace where the virus cant get it ??

Thanks Randy

Where do Virus and maleware come from And -Why cant they be procicuted????

Its almost like the anti -Maleware Anti virus companies actually have staff that writes virus so they can sell there wares!?????

seriously No conspericies here-- Do any of you actually know where this stuff comes from and why cant they arrest them-+Toss em in prison for a few years with bubba and then see if they want to do this some more....

Im al old duff at 60s so Forgive me For being behind the times a bit... I was hit with Fake vista 20102 on one machine [had to reload it to clean it] and XP fake anti virus on the desk machine -that cost money at the shop to have cleaned-ouch! So Im trying to get some edumacation In these computer thingies..

I tried to clean up one machine and went to safe mode and Lo and behold the Virus was there On safe mode -and My Malware Bites did not work and I could not reload another one ,,

MY question is ------Is there any way to load On a CD or DVD a copy of MWB and clean the system by running it in the DVD drive >>> Or isolating it someplace where the virus cant get it ??

Thanks Randy

Trojans are "maleware" but that is a different subject rofl6.gif

Malware (which includes all forms of malicious software) is generated by individuals, organizations, nations, crime syndicates, yada, yada...

It is extremely hard to source malware and thus prosecution is not easy. Add the fact that malware is Internationalized makes prosecution even MORE difficult.

Malwarebytes' Anti Malware (aka; MBAM) must be fully installed into the Operating System for the greatest efficacy in malware removal and thus is not a portable application from that POV.

Hhaah I understand Malware and virus are different But I dont know how they differencate !

It sure would be easy if I could just drop a magic disc in the drive and wipe away all My misery.

I would Like to Up front Thank all of you ==[[[GEEKS]]] who work so hard to help us helpless binary challenge souls!!! === Download and run Process file dx -e11 c3 DLL from Master cash 313c exc and boot to log ,, Oh and it sounds like chinese too H wo hen gaosing ren sur ni! If you get my point hahahah

I hope I dont pester you guy to death-- Thanks for the welcome -Randy

"Trojans are "maleware" but that is a different subject "

Was a joke because you wrote "maleware" instead of malware and there are two kinds of trojans...

* The software kind

* The soft to wear kind which is "maleware" winky1.gif

BTW: I hate the term "geek" doh.gif

Malware comes from well no one knows. If we did then we wouldn't have this problem. All the answers given are speculation. ;)

Buttons, have you not been paying attention during your two years on these forums, or have you just been hitting the Eggnog a little heavy tonight?

Buttons, have you not been paying attention during your two years on these forums, or have you just been hitting the Eggnog a little heavy tonight?

I was making a point that if we knew exactly where it was coming from and exactly who was creating it then malware probably wouldn't be a problem. :) That and probably too many late nights and way too much caffeine. :P

I was making a point that if we knew exactly where it was coming from and exactly who was creating it then malware probably wouldn't be a problem. :) That and probably too many late nights and way too much caffeine. :P

I'm a little worried about you Buttons... We no enough to make certain generalizations, such as the fact that they seem to enjoy making money from the horrors that they inflict on other people. We also know some of the countries where malicious software seems to come from the most.

Steven, and other researchers, can probably find out more than someone like me can. I don't claim to understand tracking someone online half as well as Steven does (or David for that matter).

I'm a little worried about you Buttons... We no enough to make certain generalizations, such as the fact that they seem to enjoy making money from the horrors that they inflict on other people. We also know some of the countries where malicious software seems to come from the most.

Steven, and other researchers, can probably find out more than someone like me can. I don't claim to understand tracking someone online half as well as Steven does (or David for that matter).

Well yes I understand that we have very good evidence against the origins and so forth, but not enough to prosecute and actually reduce the production of malware. My understanding is very few malware authors have actually been caught. I'm sure there are dozens if not hundreds of groups out there we don't know about or understand enough yet to consider them for suspicion.