Error message/box appears...

...when I click on the Malwarebytes (Free version) icon to install updates. I do this every time I turn the PC on. Running WindowsXP Home Edition.

This is the message:

PROGRAM_ERROR_LOAD_ DATABASE (2, 2, CreateSDK)

The system cannot find the file specified.

Ahhh... I see you allow attachments...

post-103944-0-13113100-1324629095.jpg

Please help.

Thanks,

John

Your instructions to go to issue #7 in the FAQ and after following your instructions and clicking on the "here," it took me to a link to install/run something from sammsoft.com, not Malwarebytes. I figured that's what you meant for me to do, so I did it. It make a quick scan identifying registry errors, etc., then offered a "FIX NOW" or similar to fix everything it found, then when clicking on that, it fixed somethings, then offered a "BUY AND FIX."

Which I chose not to do. I guess I will go to CNET and look for a download to install Malwarebytes' latest Free Version.

Did you mean to send me to sammsoft.com?

• Staff

Those links in 7 do not go to sammsoft.com not sure how you got there besides maybe having an active infection?

The here link goes here:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php

Which that will direct you to an approved download site that is local to your part of your world.

If you are usa usually it will go to cnet.

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?part=dl-10804572&subj=dl&tag=button

Ugh. There was a box over to the side or below of the main window that said something like "For a Faster Download" go here.

I went back and redid it properly. All seems to be working well now.

I have noticed that the Updates are numbered differently now. Instead of a 4-digit number, now it's 6 or 7. Why?