Error Code

Error Code –

I was using the free Malwarebytes with no problems and decided to download the Pro version. After the download I got the following error message and could not open Malware: Program_Error_Load_Database (0, 13, CreateSDK)

Am I still protected with my free version? Please advise how to fix the recent download.

Thanks,

Jerry

12/22/11

Hello Sam –

Thanks for your return. The manual download worked – thanks again. Some follow-up questions.

1. Since this problem occurred after downloading the Pro version, is there a way I can check to confirm the Pro version is working and still installed on my computer? It seems strange the free version installed originally and had no problems, but the Pro version did not.

2. Since the problem is fixed, is there a procedure to copy the manual download option to a CD for future use?

3. I clicked on the option of the new beta version and got the following: [#10343] We could not determine which topic you were attempting to view.

Thanks,

Jerry

12/23/11

1. Since this problem occurred after downloading the Pro version, is there a way I can check to confirm the Pro version is working and still installed on my computer? It seems strange the free version installed originally and had no problems, but the Pro version did not.
Yes, you can visit our test IP, which should trigger the IP blocker. The site is iptest.malwarebytes.org.
2. Since the problem is fixed, is there a procedure to copy the manual download option to a CD for future use?
You could, but the database installer would go out of date pretty quickly. You shouldn't have this issue at all with version 1.60 (currently in beta testing) is released, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
3. I clicked on the option of the new beta version and got the following: [#10343] We could not determine which topic you were attempting to view.
Ah yes, sorry about that, the correct link is here.

Hello again –

1. I understand your comments that because of a new version coming out, I would not need a CD backup. However, if you would still tell me how to do it, I would appreciate it. I just feel safer having Malware access (even if it is old) on a disk that is separate from my C drive.

2. I went to the test site and got a message that a Website was blocked. So, I guess that indicates Pro is working. In the future, will I get similar messages for all blocked Malware?

2. In your message, you highlighted “here” to go too. Unfortunately, the link did not activate. My cursor did not change to a hand.

Jerry

1. I understand your comments that because of a new version coming out, I would not need a CD backup. However, if you would still tell me how to do it, I would appreciate it. I just feel safer having Malware access (even if it is old) on a disk that is separate from my C drive.

You may if you wish. Simply download the installer and copy the file to your CD drive, Windows should then prompt you to insert a blank CD and allow you to burn it to disc.

2. I went to the test site and got a message that a Website was blocked. So, I guess that indicates Pro is working. In the future, will I get similar messages for all blocked Malware?

For blocked IP's, yes. The prompt for blocked infections is different. If you wish to test that you may use Spycar. Your antivirus may block these as well, but they're perfectly safe test files (not real infections in any way, but many other security software detects them just as we do as that's the point of those test files).

2. In your message, you highlighted “here” to go too. Unfortunately, the link did not activate. My cursor did not change to a hand.

Yes, I fixed it (again), please try it now, it should be working.