Cnet Downloader marked as "Adware.downloader"?

Hi, I'm looking for some extra info on this matter,

recently I used the official Cnet downloader right from their site to download DEAMON tools lite and I've been hearing a lot about their downloader lately, it being infected with malware and so on. I scan my computer with MalwareBytes regularly and it didn't pick this file up as Adware.downloader until the latest update so is this a false positive?

Its not infected with malware per se, its just an unnecessary downloader application to download a valid application. It basically installs adware that didnt come with the application that you are trying to download.

Thanks for the fast reply, but isn't it true that you can only be a victim of such adware that comes from such a downloader if you agree to the terms during the installation? Like for example the extra toolbar that they try to enforce to people who just skip through the installation progress without reading it and accidentally leave the "accept agreement" checbox marked.