How can I hide my online identity?

cooperator

"So, could you possibly let me know how I can avoid my IP from appearing at those forums at which most members can see my IP at least?"

do you have proof that "most members" can see your IP at certain forums ? this proof would be if you could see all the ip addresses of all the other members (and you are not in a position such as mine at another forum) .

if you can see your IP (and others) , this is not the way a decent site/forum is run . it shows a lack of common sense and protection of and respect for "privacy" .

the easiest and smartest solution to this problem is to simply not go there .

would you walk into a burning building with a bucket of water and honestly believe you could put out the fire ?

again though ... it is up to the administrators of any forum/site to determine what is shown "out front" and is not .

Was It such a stupid question, thus, you didn't even bother to reply? :P

No. The question was vague an not well defined and thus the "I don't know" shrug of the shoulders animated graphic. As in I don't know what you are asking and I don't know an answer.

do you have proof that "most members" can see your IP at certain forums ? this proof would be if you could see all the ip addresses of all the other members (and you are not in a position such as mine at another forum).

Yes I think I have some persuasive evidences, for instance, how could some members know where my location is in spite of they aren't moderators?

However, I have been wondering What the problem is if the someone could hide his IP.

Yes I think I have some persuasive evidences, for instance, how could some members know where my location is in spite of they aren't moderators?

However, I have been wondering What the problem is if the someone could hide his IP.

The real question is - "What is the problem if someone KNOWS your IP?"

The real question is - "What is the problem if someone KNOWS your IP?"

But this conveys anther thing, yes it is important that the someone knows his. However, My inquiry was how I can avoid mine from appearing for anyone on the internet. I think if the someone knew that there wasn't any problem.

Incidentally, if that is prohibited, then how will I know my IP at least?

But this conveys anther thing, yes it is important that the someone knows his. However, My inquiry how can I know to avoid mine from appearing from another one on the internet. I think if the someone knew that there isn't any problem.

Incidentally, if that is prohibited, then how will I know my IP at least?

You know your IP by going to; http://www.whatismyip.com

You know your IP by going to; http://www.whatismyip.com

But I am quite surprised because the ISP has blocked the site form opening, in addition, this is the error message which is shown for me:

Sorry, the requested page is unavailable.

If you believe the requested page should not be blocked please click here.Excuse me but this will give me the IP of my compure or intrenet connection.

But I am quite surprised because the ISP has blocked the site form opening, in addition, this is the error message which is shown for me:

Sorry, the requested page is unavailable.

If you believe the requested page should not be blocked please click here.Excuse me but this will give me the IP of my compure or intrenet connection.

Such is what happens when you are some one ELSES'S network.

To get control and privacy get a broadband cellular device and use Tor.

it would seem that david is correct in what he is saying .

being on a network that belongs to someone else is like being the guest at a house ... you are expected to obey and are subject to their rules .

and if you try to break those rules they can (and will) ask you to leave .

on the other hand , because it is their house ...

if they decide that they want to beat on trashcans in the living room at 0300 ... they can and will do it .

it does not matter what you think about it .

as for an IP lookup site being blocked ...

either it is a mistake the ISP made or they did block it for reasons known only to them .

you can ask them about the address that david mentioned and find out the "truth" .

have you tried checking some of the "blocked" or "malfunctioning" pages on a friends computer that is on the same network you are ?

you might try the same sites on a computer that is not on the same network you are .

it would not be cool to ask them to install any programs .

if what you are really asking for is a way to "sneak around" the rules of your ISP ... this is in my opinion asking someone to break the law .

As far as I know, on THIS forum, only Moderators & Administrators can see your IP address.

I cannot see your IP address on here nor mine nor anyone elses.

It is necessary to have IP addresses visible to those whose site it is in order to ensure that if there are any misbehaving members (those breaking the rules, harassing others, etc...) can be effectively warned/banned. Nothing malicious is done with your IP address, at least not on this forum.

if what you are really asking for is a way to "sneak around" the rules of your ISP ... this is in my opinion asking someone to break the law .

No it will not be breaking for the law because the ISP has blocked quite a lot of sites even the Yahoo's messenger sometiems faces a problem to be logged in. And so on.

I cannot see your IP address on here nor mine nor anyone elses.

Excuse me but those to whom you mentioned will be able to see my IP of my computer or intrenet connection.

It is necessary to have IP addresses visible to those whose site it is in order to ensure that if there are any misbehaving members (those breaking the rules, harassing others, etc...) can be effectively warned/banned. Nothing malicious is done with your IP address, at least not on this forum.

But if they need to know my IP in order to ban me if I have conducted with bad behavior, They will be able to ban me with my user name or email with which I have register without needing to know my IP becuase if even they have known it to enable them to ban me I will create another account with another email and user name.