What makes Malwarebytes different from other AV's?

When my dad's laptop got infected with malware, I used Ad-Aware first to remove them but it was unsuccessful. Then I remembered that people helping victims of malware use Malwarebytes to clean their computers. I used MBAM then voila! The laptop is clean.

Malwarebytes can remove malware that other Antivirus/antispywares can't.

What makes it different from the rest?

Wow. I never knew that MBAM used heuristics, and they're excellent. Other AV's heuristics usually results in a lot of false alarms.

I think Bruce said that at least two thirds of out database is heuristics. While we do have a few false positives, our guys do so well that we catch more malware with less false positives.

I think Bruce said that at least two thirds of out database is heuristics. While we do have a few false positives, our guys do so well that we catch more malware with less false positives.

If an FP is discovered, they're very quick to fix it as well, as long as it gets reported. And by quick, I mean usually within an hour or two (sometimes only minutes).

If an FP is discovered, they're very quick to fix it as well, as long as it gets reported. And by quick, I mean usually within an hour or two (sometimes only minutes).

Yea, Bruce and his team are quick to make sure that issues with the database are taken care of.

Guest claudiubotezatu
We have brilliant teams of researchers and programmers making the best heuristics the world has ever seen.

Hi,

What team are you talking about???Every time I asked for an improvment of MBAM I was told that "Marcin Kleczynski" is going to implement it, so it looks like that behind MBAM there is a single mind ,brilliant,is true but not a team....

Claudiu

Canada

What team are you talking about???Every time I asked for an improvment of MBAM I was told that "Marcin Kleczynski" is going to implement it, so it looks like that behind MBAM there is a single mind ,brilliant,is true but not a team....

Marcin is lead developer and company president. He codes the application itself. There are other programmers that code the drivers and protection module, and then Bruce has his separate team of researchers who maintain the database.

Guest claudiubotezatu

Hi,

I thought "heuristic" is rather an algoritm than a database...

Claudiu

Canada

Marcin is lead developer and company president. He codes the application itself. There are other programmers that code the drivers and protection module, and then Bruce has his separate team of researchers who maintain the database.

Why do antivirus/antispyware/firewall apps use drivers?

Hi,

I thought "heuristic" is rather an algoritm than a database...

Claudiu

Canada

Your thinking of a database in the old fashion and meaning. Think of an adaptive database, that has... the ability to make.. decisions of sorts. :)

and as you've already been told, MBAM is more than one person.

kk... Official Intro

Hi there,

My Name is Dustin Cook, I'm one of the persons under Bruce's command responsible for the database that we're all very proud of. :)