New System Security Advice

Zaire

Hello,

Currently I'm replacing my old system (winXP sp3 with ZA, Malwarebytes pro, & Avast as security) with a new Windows 7 system. It's a "gaming laptop" that I pretty much plan to do my 3D work on when I'm on the go.

I do not plan to use this as my main system to go online with so I'd rather not bog it down with something like Zone Alarm. It slows too much down and makes even youtube streaming a hassle.

If I simply have malwarebytes pro, avast, and the default Windows 7 firewall would that be enough? As I said I plan to use it online sparingly and want to minimize the performance hit some security suites cause.

Also is it best to run malwarebytes updates in real time or is hourly or even just daily better?

Thanks ahead of time!

If I simply have malwarebytes pro, avast, and the default Windows 7 firewall would that be enough? As I said I plan to use it online sparingly and want to minimize the performance hit some security suites cause.

Also is it best to run malwarebytes updates in real time or is hourly or even just daily better?

This type of question will have different answers depending on who you ask.

I myself will tell you that this should be plenty since you do not plan to be online very much with this setup.

As for Malwarebytes, it would be best to run Malwarebytes PRO with real time protection turned on and updates scheduled to hourly.