download files & pictures to Flash Drive

phillyjohn

there is a wizard in XP for offloading the stuff you might need : start/all programs/accessories/system tools/files and settings transfer wizard .

you can select the items you want to offload and put in the fresh install ... it will take some time to execute this task and requires more drive size than one would first imagine !

i can just imagine trying to do this task with floppy disks ! :lol:

i find it easier to offload the individual files and place them in appropriate folders that i have created on a flash or hard drive .

there are "export" features in IE and FF that will allow you to save your bookmarks and addresses .

there are tutorials available that will explain and walk you through the steps and items that would be good to transfer (i had a friend loose all her emails that she had stashed ... they were not saved on the server at her mail provider) .

a couple of the others her might have some more ideas and site references that will help you out .