Computer freezes up

I have two brand new Lenovo B 575 Laptops. I have tried installing Malwarebytes on both of them. But after the desktop loads up and I open up a browser (Explorer, Firefox or Google chrome) within 30 seconds everything will freeze up and I have to turn the computer off with the power button. I removed Norton and installed Microsoft Security Essential in both. They are running Windows 7. I have three Dells an a HP and have no problem with them. Do you know what this could be. I removed Malwarebytes and the problem went away.

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the same issue. Is there a solution? I have done all of the steps listed for exempting the necessary files but nothing keeps the computer from freezing in Windows 7. Once in Safe Mode, you can work just fine. Obviously,, this is not acceptable. I really need this to work...and right away.

• Root Admin

I'm sorry for the troubles you're having with this but at this time there is no known fix.

There appears to be some software or hardware on the new Lenovo laptops that is preventing our program from running.

If you have at least some technical experience and are willing to work with our QA Dept please let me know.

Thank you.

I finally figured out what was causing the issue. It was Lenovo's Security Center. When I uninstalled it (and the port blocker software), the problem went away and Malwarebytes started working properly. I would rather be protected than to use Lenovo's software so that's not a big deal for me.

I have another laptop with this same issue. It's a Toshiba Satillite A105-S1014. Every time that I install Malwarebytes and try to update it, it freezes. I really would like to understand what's going on here. Have you changed how the definitions work? Why is this happening more often? I've never had these issues before now and have installed Malwarebytes on literally hundreds of computers.

• 3 months later...