System Restore Question

Hi,

I am putting this question here because I do not think that I am infected. Norton scans are clear too.

I just ran the Malwarebytes and it found two files and successfully deleted them. Then I ran a full system scan, and it shows these files in System Restore. Can I allow Malwarebytes to delete these files in system restore? I cant find any info about if it is OK to delete files from System restore.

Thanks for the info

Hi,

I am putting this question here because I do not think that I am infected. Norton scans are clear too.

I just ran the Malwarebytes and it found two files and successfully deleted them. Then I ran a full system scan, and it shows these files in System Restore. Can I allow Malwarebytes to delete these files in system restore? I cant find any info about if it is OK to delete files from System restore.

Thanks for the info

I am adding to my own post because I realize that the file that is found in my system restore is the same one from this topic My link which I deleted and seems to be a legitimate bluetooth file and not malware.

So I guess I have nothing to worry about as far as infection goes. Still, for future reference , it is ok to let Malwarebytes to delete files from system restore?

Greetings :)

It's generally a bad idea to let any software (including your antivirus or Malwarebytes) to delete files in System Restore because it will usually break your restore points. If you had an infection in your restore points and your system is now clean and working properly, the best thing to do would be to delete all existing restore points and immediately create a fresh, clean restore point so that if you need to restore your system using System Restore in the future, you may do so using a clean restore point.