Popup Problem & Others

Folks,

I was running Kaspersky 2009 and for some reason it would not Quarantine or remove detected malware / virus's. When I would open IE it would sometimes take up to a minute for the program to respond and another 20-30 seconds (or longer)for the page to display on Cable connection. However, when IE was already running, the web pages responded faster. Before this issue, the complete process before would take less than 8-10 seconds to do all.

So I was told about Malwarebytes and DL it yesterday. It has made a tremendous improvement on the speed but start up of IE is still a little slow at times. However, what bothers me more is the Popup window I get whenever a page links to another popup window I get this Square Shaped Popup message in the center of the page which blocks the link page I was going to. The popup is about 4 inches by 4 inches with the word Warning on the top bar. In the bottom of the box it displays a check box with the message " Do not show this message again" to the right and Cancell to the right of that.

I feel this particular issue is the root to all my problems. I Downloaded MBytes, ran the update, ran the quick scan, ran the full scan. Rebooted and went to safe Mode and ran Full Scan again. rebooted but still that Popup Problem.

Any advice would be appreciated

ND

Hi and welcome to the Malwarebytes Forum ;)

Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?

Someone will be happy to assist you further with cleaning your system if required

During this scan and cleanup process you should not install any other software unless requested to do so.