Jump to content

Potential Rootkit Detection, tried many removals, nothing worked


Recommended Posts

Hello,

I'm running on a corporate computer and I noticed Symantec popping up that it is quarantining Bloodhound.MalPE files. Apart from some slight sluggishness, I've seen no other ill effects, but I ran updated MalwareBytes, Symantec, Windows Defender and even Avira.

None of them detected anything (apart from some cookies), but I'm still seeing the Symantec popups.

Based on some Symantec forums, I suspected Backdoor.Tidserv, and tried Symantec's FixTDSS.exe program, which said it didn't find anything. At this point, I'm stumped.

I have attached the DDS and Attach text files.

My suspicion is that something came down in a Flash Updater ... for what it's worth that's the last thing I did before this started, but who knows?

Thank you for your help

After further investigation I think it was a false alarm, caused by a known Symantec bug.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH122749&locale=en_US

DDS.txt

Attach.txt

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Staff

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
Back to top
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.