Can't install Mallwarebytes

I get this error when I try to install Malwarebytes:

Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted.

Error 5: Access is denied

I am running windows Vista 32bit Ultimate. I downloaded the exe to my desktop and tried to run it from there and got that error. I tried "run as administrator" and still got the error. I tried to run it from the download instead of saving and got the same error. I downloaded it to a folder under my user name and tried to run it from there and go the same error. I downloaded it and installed it on my work laptop this morning and it worked great! Found some stuff that Comodo and Spyhunter3 missed. I don't think I have any infections on this computer and just thought I would install it and scan to be safe. Hopefully it is something else not allowing me to install it and not a virus. Thanks in advance for any help.

I can't open Malwarebytes on my computer (XP), once it seemed to properly install. This is the first time I have tried to use it. It shows in the program menu with the Malwarebyte icon, but when I click on it, the hourglass runs for a few seconds and then nothing happens. I think it should be something VERY simple that a beginner like me doesn't know. Any help? Nathan Volle