Malware removal during boot

When I was removing malware with Mbam it succeeded to remove all of malware and it asked to reboot. When Windows rebooted it asked permission to run Mbam and I gave a permission, but the Mbam screen didn't came although I did wait many minutes. Does Mbam even show itself after the boot? Did I cause any harm towards Mbam by not waiting enough (about 3 minutes) and how long I have to wait after the boot? If someone Mbam expert answers to my stupid questions, I'd be very happy :).

Greetings :)

This is quite normal. MBAM runs silently after reboot to complete the removal process so you won't actually see MBAM open, that's why you got the User Account Control prompt from Windows but didn't see the scanner open.

If I log out from Windows after three minutes from the UAC prompt does Mbam have enough time to finish the cleaning process or should I have waited longer? I remember heavy Internet traffic in the modem before logging out. Is this related to Mbam cleaning process? Thanks in advance! :)

3 minutes should be plenty of time, yes. As for the heavy internet traffic, I don't believe that is part of MBAM's cleanup process. It could have been Windows Update running in the background to check for updates after logon or some other program accessing the web for updates, like your antivirus.

Archived