UK Tax wrong, and who are Malwarebytes!

ohrats

I've had Malwarebytes strongly recommended now by a couple of people, so went to the web site to purchase. I noticed two things that left me head scratching, and suddenly reluctant.

1) The UK price quoted shows VAT (UK sales tax) at 19%, when in fact it has been 17.5% for as long as I can remember, and has actually been 15% since December.

2) Who and where are Malwarebytes? No one seems forthcoming about the origin or location of the organisation (I like to know who's getting my money). Indeed the only way I could attempt any sort of contact seems to be through this forum.

Like I said - suddenly feeling reluctant to part with my money! Please correct the VAT. And why so secretive?

Bon chance. But I shall look elsewhere I think!

Rats

• Root Admin

Your concerns are very valid.

1. The VAT is higher because our e-commerce solution, cleverbridge, is headquartered in Germany.

2. We are not secretive about our location, however, we are not centralized (yet). We have employees all over the globe.

If a couple of people recommended our product, do you think maybe they were right ;). Feel free to trial our scanner/remover to get the look and feel of the product before you purchase.

2. We are not secretive about our location, however, we are not centralized (yet). We have employees all over the globe.

Quite true. None of us (as far as I know) live in the same area. We are a bunch of cantankerous technicians and security experts who got sick and tired of not having a really good anti-malware tool, so we all came together to work on making the best anti-malware tool possible.

Feel free to trial our scanner/remover to get the look and feel of the product before you purchase.

Yes, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware does not requires a license to scan for and remove malware. The license just unlocks some of the 'Pro' features, like the protection module that prevents the installation of most new types of malware.

Give the free scanner a try, and see if you like it.