Access Violation?

Hi

Did you by any chance ever use the registry cleaning function? Many experts believe that these so called registry cleaners(and full suites) are nothing more then scams and you should avoid them at all costs. They all use different methods to cleaning the registry and often remove things that cause problems. The registry is where Windows and programs store program info and even the slightest change can make Windows inoperable. Even Microsoft ultimately failed on creating a registry program as even they cannot determine whether every key/value is needed or not.

Hi

Did you by any chance ever use the registry cleaning function? Many experts believe that these so called registry cleaners(and full suites) are nothing more then scams and you should avoid them at all costs. They all use different methods to cleaning the registry and often remove things that cause problems. The registry is where Windows and programs store program info and even the slightest change can make Windows inoperable. Even Microsoft ultimately failed on creating a registry program as even they cannot determine whether every key/value is needed or not.

I have used the registry cleaning function several times. But I cleaned my temp files only a few days before trying again (which is where the problem happened) and I hadn't cleaned the registry between those periods.

It could also be a problem with a program. Is related to Malwarebytes(sometimes the boarder will say the program name)? You might want to take a picture with a camera if you can and attache it to your next post.

I can't get a clean shot of it with my camera, but it doesn't seem to be related to Malwarebytes. It gives an error code and says something about SysMech.exe

I can't get a clean shot of it with my camera, but it doesn't seem to be related to Malwarebytes. It gives an error code and says something about SysMech.exe

Sounds like an issue with System Mechanic then. You'll probably want to take it up with them since you are paying customer. :)

i used to use system mechanic when i was running windows it is a nice piece of software but i would recommend do not use the registry cleaner module as it has made anti-viruses stop working just a heads up and if you use kaspersky anti-virus the widget gets flagged as malware which is an FP well it did get flagged until i swapped anti-virus but also like buttons said contact iolo's help desk