Newbie needs help please.

Hi all!

Recently at my college (I work in IT) we have had an outbreak of some nasty malware and I have been on the horn with McAfee as to why their products are not detecting it. I'm currently trying to test a couple sandboxed PCs with malware and the new .dats they gave us but I'm having trouble actually finding live malware to test to test on it. Is there a location online any of you know of that I can download samples like in a .zip or .rar format to test this with?

Figures, when I actually want malware, it's nowhere to be found. Ha!

Thanks guys!

• Root Admin

I'm sorry but no we do not provide access to any actual malware except to known, trained associates or those who participate in malware collections.

If you have a specific Malware threat then you would need that specific one. If you're working with McAfee then they should be able to assist you in helping to track down why or what it is they're not detecting.