Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'wrsa'.
Webroot has again been detected as ransomware. Detection occurred when running system optimizer. I do not run that utility on a schedule, I run it manually. MBARW message popup appeared with message to reboot, not allowing optimizer to run. I closed the message, stopped protection, rebooted and no Webroot. I followed instructions for false positives by restoring the quarantined files, however wrsa.exe could not be restored for adding to exclusions, that file was gone. I downloaded the installation file from Webroot. It would not run. System restore did not bring the files back. In order to re-install, all the Webroot data files had to be removed. I removed the folder WRData located in Program Data and in Program Files\Webroot. That solved the install issue. Reinstalled Webroot, had to start fresh, working now and added to exclusions in MBARW. Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomware.zip MBAMSERVICE.zip