Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'wont'.
Found 3 results
A few days ago I restarted my computer before a long time without re-starting it (like 1 week with the pc on) and I noticed that "Explorer.exe" was requesting to initialize, but the real explorer.exe task was already running... I said no but then I checked the directory of the file and the system said that the file was on %windir%/resources/themes, well going into folder to check if the file exists I noticed that theres nothing more than aero themes in this folder. So did a scan in the folder using malwarebytes and it recognized svchost.exe malware and explorer.exe, before adding they do quarentine I wanted to check why the files didnt apeared, so I enabled "show hidden folders" in explorer (the real one, from microsoft) and it changed nothing, well, so I tried to open the archive by going with %windir%/resources/themes/explorer.exe in the explorer path, it worked, but I still uncapable of seeing this file... So I started CMD as admin and did " cd " to %windir%/resources/themes and did " dir " inside the folder, as I expected the dir shows the same as explorer, but appeared 2 new items that the was named as " . " and " .. " I deleted both sucessfully. Searching for this in internet I found that there's an other way to hide files in windows, that was adding them to" important system files or protected system files" list, and following the instructions to disable this privilege, I finally could see the archives, well, I added them to the quarentine list and continued using my computer since yesterday that I realized that everytime malwarebytes send two addwares to quarentine (I left the results of scan in the post as "Annoying addware.txt") they come back right after I finish the task... When trying to solve these issues I realized many things... 1- I cant use commands as DISM, sfc /scannow, windows update, windows defender( I will let write happens when i try to use them bellow this part) , net start/stop wuauserv (the wuauserv service doesnt even exists in registry, I didnt checked windows defender one...) 2- there was a folder called QEMU hidden with the "important system files" method, I deleted all content Inside and then deleted the folder after taking out the folder privilegies 3- Theres two "program" files in "Inicialize" section of task manager wich I cant go to proprieties ( I dropped the print down on anexed files named as "Program" unknow files) When I try to use with /checkhealth everything go fine, but when I try to use dism with /restorehealth it stops at 87,5% and gives an error 1060 messages saying " the specified service does not exist as an installed service " ( I left the DISM log file right bellow named as DISM.txt ) When I try to use sfc /scannow it says that cannot fix all issues When i try to use windows update it says that my organizations disable windows updates ( ? ) When I try windows defender it just goes black screen on the window Well, it would be great if someone could help me, I dont really want to re-install windows... I would take a month to setup my pc again Also, I run Windows 10 Pro 64bits, version 1809... dism.log Annoying Adware.txt Rkill.txt FRST.txt Addition.txt
Firefox wont open after running malwarebytes analisis and sending files to quarantine. At first mozilla and crome browsers would open but could not connect to any pages giving a DNSL error. After reinstalling both browsers through Opera finally I could open Crome. But firefox wont open or even display an error message. You can see that there is a process running on the task manager for firefox but thats it. Also tried uninstalling and reinstalling Malwarebytes 3 with no results. My OS is Windows 10 Home (64 bits). May you please assist me with my firefox browser? Thank you.
In attempt to resolve the "Cannot "Allow" MalwareBytes system extension with 10.13 (High Sierra)" issue I disconnected my TeamViewer session and had the client click on Allow. Then took another remote session. The Security setting was allowed and the installer completed successfully. Then I restarted. The iMac no longer starts up. Apple Logo, progress bar slowly moves toward 100% but never completes. I tried having her boot into Safe Mode but that didn't work either. Even if it is Apple's fault. The computer was not having problems prior to installing Malwarebytes for Mac. This is terrible behavior for Malwarebytes and makes me look bad. I mean I'm a Malwarebytes partner and I recommended installing this application. Now I cannot charge for the hours of support. This client is also a friend and she is 265 miles from my office. So I either have to walk this 80 years-of-age woman through booting the iMac into Recovery mode and restoring her computer from her Time Machine backup, or I have to drive up there to fix this. This is the last time I install Malwarebytes remotely. I am hoping someone has seen this and has a simple fix, fingers crossed!