Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'network attack'.
The night of the 17th, I was using the Facebook app while suddenly a download in progress icon appeared in the status bar. I pulled down the notifications screen just in time to catch a glimpse of the word "attackers" followed by a bunch of symbols like $ before it disappeared. I could not find anything in the downloads folder list, ESET premium that was monitoring my phone and all downloads hadn't even detected it, and I tried in vain to search online using only the selected phrases I had managed to glimpse. Then by sheer luck, today, I managed to find a thread on this problem with the full details. The message had been "attackers on <b>%1$s</b> might atte..." with a download in progress while using Facebook app. Which I assume is completed as "might attempt to steal your information" or something. I tried using this phrase to search about it on Google, and while nothing specific to this problem came up, a list of generic information results on various types of network attacks, DDos, man in the middle and zero day attacks came up, which has me really worried. I am still using the phone as is, I really don't know much about technology related things. Please advise me what I should do now, if I should just turn off the phone or something. The person in the other thread said he had reset his phone and the problem had reappeared when he had signed into Facebook again, so now I'm not sure if a simple factory reset will help and I will probably need to install a custom ROM or something. I'm using Android 7.0 in a Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime. I got a software update to Oreo just an hour earlier and I wonder if updating the software will help remove whatever malware/spyware/hacking application got installed. Please help, I am logged into all my accounts through this phone and it's already been like 4 days since the message first appeared damage control is needed. Thank you very much. If you know anything, anything, please let me know it's very urgent.
I've had some really strange connection and DNS lookup issues ever since having TWC service installed at a new apartment. Only GF was here with the tech, and when I got home I went about setting up modem and router passwords, and when I noticed the issues I checked the modem's firewall logs and found this stuff which looked suspect. I initially ignored it and called TWC to send another tech. He installed a TWC modem hoping it would fix the problem, which it didn't. Today my credit card was flagged for fraud, and the rep suggested I may have been hacked which makes me think there is a remote possibility that the two are related. Normally I would chalk it all up to coincidence, but in this case I'm starting to think it might not be. Let me know what other data or information you guys would need to narrow it down to an actual intrusion or compromised system. I did run malwarebytes anti-malware premium, and malewarebytes anti-rootkit, and both came up clean.