Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'google voice'.
Found 1 result
I've always loved MBAE with never a problem, but after recently applying the intel security patch, something isn't allowing Google Voice calls within Gmail to remain connected; they drop after about 20secs - all calls. I tried using IE11 and Firefox with no difference. I also tried using 2 other computers belonging to a friend with the same results. My computer and my friend's computers all use the latest MBAE beta and have always worked fine. After applying the intel security patch recently, calls are now dropped regardless of which browser is used. As an experiment, I tried turning off MBAE protection, and placed a few calls (and received a few) from each browser on each computer, and the calls remained connected. MBAE might not be directly responsible, but the combination of MBAE with the recent intel patch update and whatever else has been updated is causing Google Voice to drop. I'm writing in hopes that the next beta release might address this issue so that I can leave MBAE protection turned on. I'm not looking as much for a workaround (workarounds usually require being technically savvy, and I'm only minimally technically savvy) as I am a later MBAE beta release that might fix this. (For anyone interested, I'm waiting until my current McAfee subscription runs out before switching to Malwarebytes 3.) My computing environment: Windows 7 Professional SP1 with all Windows Updates applied, all apps updated (browsers, flash, etc).