Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'gaming'.
Found 2 results
Okay so some background information, I downloaded a free program and it came with a bunch of adware. I tried getting rid of it, but for some reason it wouldn't work. Then I saw somewhere online that Malwarebytes would be great for completely getting rid of this adware. I downloaded the free version, and it worked it detected all the adware. When it was about to get rid of it, it said that my pc had to restart. (I have a IBUYPOWER Gaming PC), I clicked okay and restarted. However, I began to notice after around 20 minutes that even though the pc was still on the monitors were still black. At first I thought something was wrong with my set up however, after checking nothing worked. I then disconnecting my PC from the monitors and plugged in my laptop as a little test to see if my monitors were the probably, however the monitors worked fine. I plugged my PC back but the monitors are still black even though the PC is on. I tried shutting it down and turning it back on, but it still won't work. I'm really worried, any response will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
After uninstalling a game I attempted to manually delete the leftover files. Deleting the main folder deleted some files & folders inside, but the main folder stayed, as well as some sub-folders & files. And something bizarre happened (or is this normal?) - after attempting to manually delete some of the files (perma [shift+del]) they seemed to be deleted, but after going a directory up and then returning to the one were the file was [attempted] deleted it somehow reappeared. I know that files can refuse to be deleted because they are "in use", but this I'm seeing for the first time. If it matters, the game is Black Desert Online (it was free for a limited time, so I decided to try it). After installing it for the first time, it launched fine and I looked around for a bit. Then, a few hours later, after attempting to launch the game, I would get an error message, stating that "suspicious program [was] detected". After searching online for what might be causing this error, most common answer I found was that it was caused by anti-virus, anti-malware or similar software. The solution was disabling it. Obviously I'm not disabling anything. So I tried verifying game files. Got a prompt that 3 files have to be reacquired. But the process seemed to be stuck in an infinite loop. Then I tried uninstalling and installing again. However, after download reached 100% of the download amount it paused itself and clicking "resume" wouldn't do anything - it would just pause again. After that I attempted manually deleting the game folder and files (uninstalled before that and close Steam client).