Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'elex'.
Found 2 results
Along with many others I had been bothered with the PUP that was related to the Chrome browser. With the help of MWB staff I managed to rid the PUP and had deleted Chrome. However I have been using AVAST Safe Zone but was not able to import my bookmarks so reinstalled Chrome and once I synced to recover my settings and bookmarks etc the PUP returned. However after the scan and deleting the PUP and repeating the scan to see if the PUP was gone MWB was locked by two pop up windows, one titled network settings the other network error, both erroneous, I believe these are the remnants that ensures reinfection if clicked. The only solution is the restart the computer, then a scan be carried out and mine came up clean, no reinfection was present. I saw mention of switching to Firefox, prior to this I had similar dramas but on a much more drastic scale over 4,000 items were being detected using this browser!!
Hi, yesterday I've finished to install some windows updates and this morning when I've opened my Chrome my search engine got replaced by another unintended search engine ( "Lucking Search " or something similar). I've decided to run malwarebytes and the analysis returned more than 5000 (!) entries on malware detection. I've put everything to quarantine. I've read some other guides on internet and downloaded the adwcleaner, which got 22 results. Restarted the PC , the problem with the browser was gone. However, for some reason, I was unable to delete the files from quarantine so I've decided to read the malwarebytes guide to malware removal and I've run the FRST. You will encounter the logs attached. Addition_14-05-2017 13.39.22.txt FRST_14-05-2017 13.39.22.txt AdwCleaner[S0].txt