Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'blank'.
Hey guys, hopefully, this issue seems simple to the guys who are really good at getting rid of malware and what not. A few weeks ago, my laptop would work fine for about 15 or so minutes then when I try visiting ANY websites that weren't Google and YouTube, I would get a long loading time followed by a blank screen that says "Chrome took too long to respond". Now, every since yesterday morning, that 15 minutes has gone down to like 2 minutes. I barely have any time to scroll the internet because the Chrome message from before pops up and/or the page freezes and becomes unresponsive. I imagine this has something to do with malware and what not. Can someone help me, please? I can download JRT, MalwareBytes, ComboFix or anything else I may need to fix this problem. Thank you so much!
MWB- Endpoint Cloud- Reporting After suffering through a couple weeks of empty scheduled reports last month we started getting them again in March, but two days ago I started receiving blank reports again, so checked the cloud console and find no data in any detection reports at all- not on dashboard, not in on-demand reports. The Excel add-in(API) also reports no results. Since we were averaging 2-3 machines reporting daily on blocked websites on endpoints, I find it hard to believe that we are suddenly not encountering any risk at all! Reporting MUST be reliable folks! What's going on??
I ran Adwcleaner. There were 41 issues. I accepted the recommendation for cleaning and rebooted. Windows mounts and I log on with my password, but the desktop does not appear. I ran task manager to get CMD. I can see my folders are still there and so are the WINDOWS directory, but the desktop does not appear. The mouse icon is the only thing that displays. I searched the forum, and found something similar for a WIN 8 OS but I have WIN 7 professional. It may take me a bit to turnaround responses.
FBI ransomware malware was cleaned. At the end, ran combofix. It fixed something that upon reboot WIndows 7 went to a blank screen. Used System Restore to get back to Windows. Ran MS MRT and it found the infection and definitely identified svchost.exe as being infected. I let it clean. Rebooted - back to blank screen. Wondering if I can: 1- restore a good copy of svchost.exe 2- or should I do system restore again and take a different approach I have already: 1- cloned hdd 2- ERUNT 3- FixExec 4- Roguekiller, rkill, thekiller 5- MBAM 6- DrWeb CureIT 7- Super AntiSpyware 8- TDSSkiller 9- Combofix 10- MS MRT