Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'MBAM 3.1'.
Found 1 result
Runtime Error (at 47:120): Could not call proc =================================== Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.1480) My %Temp% and %Tmp% are normally set to a RAM drive, in format 'Z:' (no quotes). Attempting to update, offline, from MBAM 184.108.40.2063 free to MBAM 220.127.116.113 free using mb3-setup-consumer-18.104.22.1683.exe I repeatedly found that immediately after selecting the language, installation failed with the message: "Runtime Error (at 47:120): Could not call proc" I saw the same behaviour when I tried the mb3-setup-consumer-22.214.171.1249.exe beta installer. Today (Thu 03 Aug 2017) I tried the 3.1 update again but first changed both %Temp% and %Tmp% back to: '%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp' (No quotes). I then immediately, without reloading Windows, ran the MBAM 3.1 installer/updater again. It ran right through and appears to have sucessfully updated to MBAM 3.1. I inspected the settings, which appear to be, as far as is applicable, migrated. During the update, MBAM appears to have been completely removed from 'Program Files (x86)' and MBAM 126.96.36.1993 has been installed in 'Program Files' That seemed excellent until I noticed that 'Task Manager' > 'Processes' showed Malwarebytes is running as a 32 bit application, so shouldn't it be in 'Program Files (x86)'? I set my %Temp% and %Tmp% both back to my normal values, directing them to the RAM drive. I then went on line and requested whatever updates were available. (nb Controls for that are not well presented and neither could I clearly see what updates were actually done at that stage) I now see: " Version Information Malwarebytes version: 188.8.131.523 Component package version: 1.0.160 Update package version: 1.0.2503 " So I am able to report that temporarily switching to the default Temp and Tmp directories fixed the update failure ===================================================================================== and it is proven that otherwise the install/update failed because it couldn't cope with those directories being on the RAM drive. =============================================================================================== I cannot commit to any further testing or diagnostics on this but hope that my information helps. Now I need to actually try running MBAM 3.1 and hope it will behave tolerably well.