Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'DPC'.
Please see this link from your forum that was recently submitted: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/260956-windows-10-kb4535996-issues-with-mb/. Apparently, I am not the only one experiencing this issue. I am having the issue on a machine running Windows Server 2019 Standard. It periodically crashes with a DPC_WATCHDOG_TIMER error. The issue started shortly after installing Malwarebytes for Teams v4.1.0 earlier this month. I ran the Windows Debugger Tool (file attached) and it reported that MBAMservice.exe was the culprit. I have removed Malwarebytes pending resolution. Please let me know if this is being investigated and if you have a solution or suggestions. DPC Error.TXT
I've got an issue with MBAM pro which I purchased during the recent black Friday sale. When I enable the malicious website blocking feature, the ndis.sys driver's DPC latency skyrockets. This causes audio dropouts and crackling. Without blocking enabled: With blocking: The high pagefaults are due to my torrent client and can be ignored. They don't cause problems. Info about network interface: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller RTL 8168 (PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&REV_01) Driver 8.20.815.2013 (realtek provided newest win 8.1) DxDiag.txt
FYI, I use PowerSDR, a Software Defined Radio application that is used to operate a Flex 5000A amateur transceiver. This application uses real-time digital signal processing and needs to operate in a Windows environment with reasonably low duration Deferred Procedure Calls (DPC). The application is somewhat similar to digital audio processing products. Using a DPC checking tool while running PowerSDR and several other applications, including Norton Internet Security, I have discovered that Malwarebytes Pro causes long duration DPC's about every 15 to 30 seconds on the order of 6,000 to 18,000 microseconds of latency. DPC's of this duration can cause dropouts of the data stream. With Malwarebytes disabled the maximum DPC is less than 400 microseconds over several minutes of testing. While I have solved this problem by disabling Malwarebytes when the PowerSDR application is in use, this is a less than ideal work-around becasue I also use a web browser while opearting the transceiver. So for what it is worth, this charateristic is undesirable in situations where digitial signal processing applications are running. Your developers might want to take a look at the code to see if it could be made less demanding of system resources. My PC is a Dell 9000 with i7-920 processor, 8GB RAM, and Windows 7 with latest updates.