Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Chrome preferences'.
I've noticed a slowdown both in the loading of the Chrome browser (in the "Resolving Hosts" phase) and overall computer speed compared to recent use (as well as more resources are being used.) While I do have Malwarebytes Premium, the Pup.Optional.Spigot.A (Chrome Preferences) does seem to keep re-infecting after its daily scan (as noted doing first on this page, and the scans happened one day after all Windows and Security updates were installed through regular update methods, no browser pop-up's or new installation methods.) So, I am now posting this Thread. Let me know if you need anything else (besides the following logs below) listed of course. And by all means, while my computer and the scan only detected what is listed in the logs, feel free to check for anything else hidden and/or stealthily backed up needed to be eradicated. I will not run any temporary File Cleaners or make any other changes (such as add/remove any programs, use any fix tools, edit the Registry, etc...) unless requested to do so. I also will not reboot my system unless requested. Please let me know if it's ever needed or if I should allow any reboot requests made by any requested scan/repair programs. (While I don't plan on shutting down the computer/rebooting unless asked until this is resolved, if it's not an issue, do let me know as well.) (A lifetime ago, I did computer tech support, so I know the best thing I can do, is to follow an expert's instructions exactly and let you know of the results, never "jumping ahead and doing what I think should be done, because I know better.") Currently I have MalwareBytes Premium, McAfee Internet Security and Advanced System care 8 Premium Again, all auto care/clean options have been disabled since this last infected detection. Advanced System Care is not running at startup while McAfee and Malwarebytes Premium are. After i upgraded to Malwarebytes premium, I uninstalled Spybot Search and Destroy Free Home edition. It's likely any Hosts changes/detected proxies, etc. were done by this program and (if applicable and not detected as a cause of infection) may be changed/removed as needed. (Of course if you want me to reinstal it, do let me know.) Again, if these detected things are thought to be caused instead by infection, use all means to remove anything related or causing said infection and its "listed symptoms." That should cover all recent "Security programs" I can recall. No Peer2Peer File Sharing programs are being used to the best of my knowledge and previous scans. If anything is discovered as Peer to Peer/Torrent, it is not authorized/hidden and I should be notified and help request removing it immediately! (The last time--many years back on another computer--I used said file sharing software programs with a Norton Security Suite, my computer ended up being a zombie and required professional disinfection; Never again will I knowingly use that type of program and will fight against its attempted use. I do use Allowed Ports for Steam [Client only] and not file Torrents, but any and all permitted firewall connections can be removed if applicable.) [Final stuff: I will not Bump my own thread (Speaking as a Forum Moderator elsewhere using this brand of BBS software, GRRRR! I empathize.) I will not reply to my own thread and respond to any "non-response" via Moderator PM or other contact methods outside this Thread. Due to this being posted Memorial Day--should it be an issue--I'll count non-reply time of 48 hours starting on Tuesday. This Thread is being followed and has email notification as requested.] Okay, I think that covers everything noted on this page. Attached (the post is too long otherwise) are the FRST.txt and Addition.txt txt files.
OK, I give up. Can you please assist me with removing PUP.Optional.Trovi.A? I have this reoccurring on 2 different computers (Windows 8.1 64bit and Windows 7 Ultimate N 32bit. The attached logs are from my Windows 8.1 system. I have attempted many of the suggestions available on the internet with no success. Should I open up 2 separate cases or will the resolution be the same for both? I also pasted in the results of the latest MB scan. I will hold off on any attempts to repair until I hear from someone. Thanks Addition.txt FRST.txt Malwarebytes Anti-Malwarewww.malwarebytes.org Scan Date: 7/7/2014Scan Time: 11:38:36 AMLogfile: Administrator: No Version: 2.00.2.1012Malware Database: v2014.07.07.08Rootkit Database: v2014.07.03.01License: FreeMalware Protection: DisabledMalicious Website Protection: DisabledSelf-protection: Disabled OS: Windows 8.1CPU: x64File System: NTFSUser: Robert Scan Type: Custom ScanResult: CompletedObjects Scanned: 458432Time Elapsed: 1 hr, 11 min, 24 sec Memory: EnabledStartup: EnabledFilesystem: EnabledArchives: EnabledRootkits: EnabledHeuristics: EnabledPUP: EnabledPUM: Enabled Processes: 0(No malicious items detected) Modules: 0(No malicious items detected) Registry Keys: 0(No malicious items detected) Registry Values: 0(No malicious items detected) Registry Data: 0(No malicious items detected) Folders: 0(No malicious items detected) Files: 1PUP.Optional.Trovi.A, C:\Users\Robert\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences, Good: (), Bad: ( "startup_urls": [ ""http://www.google.com/" ],), ,[081a02993744360013ea764e09fb6997] Physical Sectors: 0(No malicious items detected) (end)