Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'utopia.net'.
Found 3 results
Hi, so now it's my time to have issues with the infamous utopia.net Here is the situation:I don't have access to internet with google chrome, discord, steam or anything. But I can use the ping command in the CMD to ping 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 and I do have a reply. In the task manager>performance under my ethernet, the DNS name is utopia.net In my registry in here : Ordinateur\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces\ I have a value where DhcpDomaine is set to "utopia.net" Also, my router itself is corrupted, because I have the very same issue with my desktop (using ethernet) and my laptop (using wifi) So while my desktop wasn't connected to my router, I ran adwcleaner and zhpcleaner and various antimalware software and forcing my dns to be 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206 and hard reset my router manually with a button. But it didn't work. The difference with all the post I have seen about utopia, is that it appears that I'm the only one without internet access... I can provide you with anything you need to help me, I know my ways around a computer so I'll be able to do pretty much anything you ask. Now I'm helpless, I tried everything I knew, so if you can be of any help, it would be amazing. Lyx.
Hi everyone, a few days ago I ran an ipconfig and noticed I had a DNS prefix: utopia.net. After a few more scans, I noticed that all my traffic was redirected through that site. I tried running Malwarebytes, but it wouldn't open. After running adwcleaner, I could run it, but it didn't find anything. ipconfig still reported that utopia.net redirection was still there. I scanned the registry and manually deleted all entries containing this name, I edited the DNS registry entry to point to my DNS and locked the entry to prevent it from being modified. I did a flushdns and ipconfig reported that the redirection was finally gone. I added rules in my firewall to prevent any access to the site or any of the IPs I found associated to it. Now, after a week or so, I find again that this DNS prefix has come back! Again I ran MB, but it doesn't find anything. I'm not cleaning the registry by hand again, as it proved to be only a temporary solution. I'm attaching FRST's and mbam's reports. Thank you! MB Report.txt Shortcut.txt Addition.txt FRST.txt