Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'modem'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Announcements
    • Malwarebytes News
    • Beta Testing Program
  • Malware Removal Help
    • Windows Malware Removal Help & Support
    • Mac Malware Removal Help & Support
    • Mobile Malware Removal Help & Support
    • Malware Removal Self-Help Guides
  • Malwarebytes for Home Support
    • Malwarebytes 3 Support Forum
    • Malwarebytes for Mac Support Forum
    • Malwarebytes for Android Support Forum
    • Malwarebytes for iOS Support
    • Malwarebytes Browser Guard
    • False Positives
    • Comments and Suggestions
  • Malwarebytes for Business Support
    • Malwarebytes Endpoint Protection
    • Malwarebytes Incident Response (includes Breach Remediation)
    • Malwarebytes Endpoint Security
    • Malwarebytes Business Products Comments and Suggestions
  • Malwarebytes Tools and Other Products
    • Malwarebytes AdwCleaner
    • Malwarebytes Junkware Removal Tool Support
    • Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit BETA Support
    • Malwarebytes Techbench USB (Legacy)
    • Malwarebytes Secure Backup discontinued
    • Other Tools
    • Malwarebytes Tools Comments and Suggestions
  • General Computer Help and Security Updates
    • BSOD, Crashes, Kernel Debugging
    • General Windows PC Help
  • Research Center
    • Newest Rogue-Ransomware Threats
    • Newest Malware Threats
    • Newest Mobile Threats
    • Newest IP or URL Threats
    • Newest Mac Threats
    • Report Scam Phone Numbers
  • General
    • General Chat
    • Forums Announcements & Feedback

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Location


Interests

Found 2 results

  1. I have an old Windows XP Home Edition (Service Pack 3) that is now unable to perform System Restore on ANY restore point. This computer uses a dial-up connection to connect to the internet and normally has a speed of 44.0 - 45.2 kbps, but now only connects at 24.6 kbps. Here's a list of events and the dates they occurred on. Sorry for the length of this post. February 21st: - Updated Avast Virus Definitions in the early afternoon. I turned off the computer after updating. - Turned on the computer in the evening, and the dial-up connection window appeared on start-up, prompting me to connect to the internet. This doesn't normally happen. February 23rd: - Ever since the 21st, every single time I turned on the computer, the connection window would pop-up on its own. - I checked the Avast Antivirus settings, but I already had it set to manual updates instead of automatic, so that couldn't be it. - I haven't installed anything new, so I don't know what was prompting the computer to connect on its own. February 24th: - I used System Restore to roll-back the settings to the February 15th restore point. - The problem was resolved! The computer stopped trying to connect to the internet on start-up. April 21st: - Completed a Full System Scan with Avast. - When connecting to the internet later in the day, I could only get a speed of 24.6 kbps. - I tried disconnecting and redialing for my usual speed of 45.2 kbps, but I keep getting 24.6 kbps. April 24th: - I'm still only getting 24.6 kbps. - Checked the phone line, it's working normally (no background noise), and everything is plugged in securely. - I assumed something in the settings must have changed, so I tried to use System Restore again. - When the computer restarted after using System Restore, I got this message "System Restore did not complete successfully. No changes were made to your computer." - I tried again using other Restore Points, but it fails no matter what date I choose. - I restarted the computer in Safe Mode, and still all Restore Points fail. - I try to sign-in to my Google Account to email someone for advice, and I get this message "The browser you're using doesn't support JavaScript, or has JavaScript turned off. To keep your Google Account secure, try signing in on a browser that has JavaScript" - JavaScript is already enabled. I tested it with another Google account and was able to sign-in without any problem. It is only this account that isn't working. So to sum it all up, these are the 3 problems: 1) Internet Connection speed is now consistently slower at 24.6 kbps instead of 45.2 kbps. 2) System Restore fails no matter which Restore Point I choose (even on Safe Mode). 3) Google doesn't detect JavaScript when I try signing-in with my account. Any help you can provide would be appreciated, - T-Ruth
  2. The attached VARA v2.2.0 program is quarantined when trying to install. The quarantine log is also attached. the previous version 2.1.0 (also attached) installed with no alarms. The VARA program is an amateur radio modem (radio to computer) program that allows the transmission and reception of high speed data over amateur radio frequencies. it can be used by itself and it has been incorporated into the global Winlink radio email system that supports maritime, land based, portable and mobile amateur radio stations. It is particularly valuable when supporting emergency communications. A screenprint is attached of v2.1.0 The URL to the website where VARA is available is https://rosmodem.wordpress.com/ Please update Malwarebytes so that it won't false positive this important program. Thank you. Gary K7GJT Quarantine Log for VARA.txt VARA v2.2.0 setup (Run as Administrator).zip VARA 2.1.0 setup (Run as Administrator).zip
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.