Jump to content


  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited


0 Neutral
  1. I apologize for the stupid double post, but my attachment failed to upload on my initial post Broken Sword 4 False Positive.rar
  2. I've seen other people put up similar threads talking about Malwarebytes picking up on Steam critical files as well as files for Steam games as being a threat. So here I am with one of my own. The file in question is the executable launcher file (bs4.exe) for the game "Broken Sword 4" which was finally made available on Steam a month ago. Attached to this post is the zip archive containing my scan log and a copy of the detected executable file. I do hope you folks can sort this out soon
  3. First of I apologize if I posted on the wrong section &/or if a similar thread has already been posted by somebody else. I've noticed that after I upgraded (automatically, as in FireFox mandatory updates) to FireFox 4 from FireFox 3.6 that a full MBAM scan takes way too long than when I still had the previous version. The slowdown occurs when MBAM scans the Documents & Settings > Application Data > FireFox cache folder. To give you an exact value of elapsed time, when I was still using FireFox 3.6 a Full MBAM scan would only take 44 minutes on my system with nothing else running in the background except Windows Media Player with 1.5Gb of RAM. Now that I'm on FireFox 4 running a full scan with Windows Media Player running along with the scan & still with 1,5gb of RAM my full scan takes one hour & thirty minutes (1:30) to finish. Well actually it used to take two hours fifteen minutes (2:15) BEFORE I trimmed down FireFox 4's default cache size of 1gb of Hard Drive space to only 256mb of space. Still, an hour & a half still is a long time to finish a scan. I'm absolutely certain it's not something to do with a virus or malware infection as it just started after the upgrade to FireFox 4. And I'm very careful as to where I go in the vast interwebz. Oh & I've also read people getting pissed off at FireFox's plugin container component as they say it's a resource hog & all that. I'd consider using Google Chrome but just like a few people had experienced, my computer had digital diarrhea when I tried Google Chrome
  4. Thanks for the reply So I should just add what its seeing in the ignore list for now then? And LOL! I clicked on remove/fix which is how I found out what the modification it detected did. Again thank you for the quick response at least my mind is now at ease.
  5. For the last two days whenever I perform a full scan with Malwarebytes it shows a report of a "could be" Malware infection which I'm pretty sure is not. Quoted from one of my Full scan results... Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50 www.malwarebytes.org Database version: 5243 Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702 12/5/2010 5:00:56 AM mbam-log-2010-12-05 (05-00-56).txt Scan type: Full scan (A:\|C:\|D:\|E:\|) Objects scanned: 206141 Time elapsed: 45 minute(s), 8 second(s) Memory Processes Infected: 0 Memory Modules Infected: 0 Registry Keys Infected: 0 Registry Values Infected: 0 Registry Data Items Infected: 1 Folders Infected: 0 Files Infected: 0 Memory Processes Infected: (No malicious items detected) Memory Modules Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Keys Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Values Infected: (No malicious items detected) Registry Data Items Infected: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Start_ShowHelp (PUM.Hijack.StartMenu) -> Bad: (0) Good: (1) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully. Folders Infected: (No malicious items detected) Files Infected: (No malicious items detected) Removing & fixing said "threat" only "resolves" one thing: It shows "Help & Support" back on my Windows XP Machine's start menu. I actually disable or more precisely speaking "hide" this option by default, that is to say I usually have it hidden. If I again hide "Help & Support", the application (Malwarebytes) would again see what I did as a Ppotentially Unwanted Modification (PUM), making me think that this whole deal is just a False Positive. The program started detecting this "threat" after I updated Malwarebytes to version 1.50 from the last version (sorry I forgot the last version number but rest assured it's the previous one immediately before 1.50) but it never saw this "threat" while I was still using the last version release.
  6. Same issue as with the others who posted earlier, malwarebytes detecting java.exe as a trojan downloader. Probably just a false positive.
Back to top
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.