I have a recurring issue with Malwarebyes and Powerpoint.
On the first occasion:
- I open up Powerpoint and get a Malwarebyes alert saying that "Website blocked due to Trojan" (Please see attachment)
- I run a scan, Malwarebytes flags a registry entry and cleans it
- I reboot and the firewall (Windows Firewall + Glasswire) and a Spybot Antibeacon are broken. Very badly messed up, tried to reinstall them with not results.
I do not have copies of tiles or the details of the register entry that was deleted as I have formatted the laptop. I now have reinstalled the system from scratch as I cannot be without a working firewall and:
- I open up Powerpoint for a blank presentation and I get the same alert (Please see attachment)
- I run POWERPNT.EXE through Virustotal with no positive outcome
- Save the .pptx file, run it through Virustotal with no positive outcome
- I test the blocked url on a brower through Virustotal with no positive outcome
- I scan the laptop with Malwarebyes with no positive outcome
- I scan the laptop with Bitdefender with no positive outcome
Despite all of this everytime I open Powerpoint, I get the same message. This is regardless of me opening any file .ppt or .pptx file or a blank presentation.
All this is quite weird aside that Powerpoint should not be calling any website, this is leaving aside that I have blocked Powerpoint to get any access to the net at firewall level.
Does anyone have an idea of what is going wrong?
Thank you in advance.