Jump to content

KeithM

Members
  • Content Count

    6
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About KeithM

  • Rank
    New Member
  1. Thank you for the update. I have the Beta updates enabled, but when I updated it installed the same 4.04 version which was giving me trouble before. When I check for updates it says I am running the latest version.
  2. From what I can see, there appears to be many others who are suffering from this issue. I still do not have any information on how to get version 4 to work properly on my PC, and have been trying to keep an eye on some of the other threads with similar issues to see if there are any solutions offered there. I found one answer at the end of this thread: The suggestion was to install version 3, and disable the update to version 4. I have done this, and my system is working perfectly again. I will continue to operate with this version until I see a solution to the current issue.
  3. Is there somewhere that I can download the Beta version and install it?? It seems to have solved the problem for others. Thanks KeithM
  4. I did turn on Beta Updates as illustrated, but when I go to check for updates I am told that I have the latest software installed. When I go to the site, it tells me that you can only update to the latest Beta from version 3, and not from version 4. My machine is running fine at the moment, but I have not scanned since reinstalling the software last night. I fully expect that if I start a scan I will get the same result as I have gotten the last 6 times that I tried it, since nothing has really changed. If you need a set of memory dumps to diagnose what is happening I will gladly trigger a scan, and see what happens, and then generate what you need. How do I get you a "set of memory dumps"? Is that something different from what I provided in my original post?
  5. Tried this, but I cannot upgrade to the Beta from version 4.
  6. My Issue is exactly as described by DMJ in his post from Monday, with the same title. My machine had completely bogged down and I could not see what was causing it. Eventually I was able to determine that Malwarebytes had been scanning my system for days. The only way I could restore system performance was to use the mb-support tool to totally remove Malwarebytes from my system. After a week without issues, I decided to try and reinstall the software, and once again the scan stalled. I cancelled it after 18 hours and 45 minutes per the attached screenshot. Previous attempts have stalled in various places through the process, including the step to check for software updates. Today, I have once again removed Malewarebytes from my system, but before doing so, I generated logs which are attached. I cannot live with the performance issues that I have been experiencing, so unless we can get to the bottom of this, I will have to leave Malwarebytes of my system, which I would rather not do. mbst-clean-results.txt mbst-fix-results.txt mbst-grab-results.zip
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

This site uses cookies - We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.